KP1S-E Dasm camera problem

unsung

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My name is George and I am based in London, UK.
I have 2 cameras in the car. The main one is the KP1S which records the road and the secondary one (SVA022-S-2) ,which is connected to the main one,
and records the inside of the car. The recording is happening with an SD card which is inserted on KP1S. On KP1S there are 4 lights. In order are red, orange, blue, and green.
Normally every time I started the car all (lights) will flash in order and then the red and blue one would stay on( not sure if it is all lights or the first 3). It's been a few days since the cameras stopped recording.
I say cameras but actually is the KP1S camera as the other one is secondary and as mentioned above connected to the main one. Instead of the order of the flashing lights every time I start the car, I get the red light then the orange and then the red light will start flashing on it's own with the orange off. My research lead me to believe that the problem is with the SD card. I ordered 2 new ones. I did initialisation in one of them and tried it with no result. I inserted the 2nd new one without initialisation, same result. I tried different settings on initialisation including the original sd card, same result. 1 electrician checked the wiring and confirmed that everything is fine. I tried to find a technician but the ones that came were mainly electricians and didn't have experience with the camera itseld. The company I bought them from told me that because it is an old discontinued model they can't send a technician and I should better get a new camera. I have exhausted all my options and this is the last one. To be honest I don't want to spend more money for a new camera if there is a solution. Any suggestions, recommendation are welcome!

Thank you

Hi everyone,

My name is George and I am based in London, UK.
I have 2 cameras in the car. The main one is the KP1S which records the road and the secondary one (SVA022-S-2) ,which is connected to the main one,
and records the inside of the car. The recording is happening with an SD card which is inserted on KP1S. On KP1S there are 4 lights. In order are red, orange, blue, and green.
Normally every time I started the car all (lights) will flash in order and then the red and blue one would stay on( not sure if it is all lights or the first 3). It's been a few days since the cameras stopped recording.
I say cameras but actually is the KP1S camera as the other one is secondary and as mentioned above connected to the main one. Instead of the order of the flashing lights every time I start the car, I get the red light then the orange and then the red light will start flashing on it's own with the orange off. My research lead me to believe that the problem is with the SD card. I ordered 2 new ones. I did initialisation in one of them and tried it with no result. I inserted the 2nd new one without initialisation, same result. I tried different settings on initialisation including the original sd card, same result. 1 electrician checked the wiring and confirmed that everything is fine. I tried to find a technician but the ones that came were mainly electricians and didn't have experience with the camera itseld. The company I bought them from told me that because it is an old discontinued model they can't send a technician and I should better get a new camera. I have exhausted all my options and this is the last one. To be honest I don't want to spend more money for a new camera if there is a solution. Any suggestions, recommendation are welcome!

Thank you
I don't have any exposure to this other than what I found on the web.

This appears to have been quite an advanced system.

Did you use the 3G?
Was the system wired into your car using the alarm input and outputs?

The company's web site looks like it may be old. I only say that because they don't use ssl eg https which is best practice these days.

I found some info in how to update the Dashcam but it seems a little convoluted.

In the specs it also says the resolution of the front camera is 720 if correct is a long way from current Dashcams.

Did anything happen that may have caused the unit to fail?
Perhaps a power failure/electronic glitch, attempted firmware upgrade, extreme weather conditions just to consider a few.

Sd cards are usually a source of problems but as you said in your case you have swapped them.
Could it be possible they have a proprietary format/setting?

Third is the site i found. Be careful as their files have the potential of being infected.

Cheers

Hi LateralNW,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try to answer step by step. I didn't use the 3G only recording on SD card.
The system was wired to my car but I am not sure if it was wired to the alarm inputs and outputs. It is 720p as I have this camera for 4 years now.
To be honest I am not sure what is the reason that created this problem. Everything was normal. I have already downloaded this software and installed it successfully
in the camera. Once again thank you for your response!

@unsung
Just a quick thought.
Have a look on the unit for a pin hole if you find one it maybe a reset button.

You can tell by inserting a blunt pin or similar while the unit is off where you may feel the pin rebound as if you had pressed say a computer mouse button for example which is actually just a small press button switch.

If that happens place the pin in the hole again and while holding it against the pressure of the switch start the Dashcam still holding the pin for about 5-10secs.

If the Dashcam still works it might do a hardware reset and possibly return the unit to a working state.

Not knowing your skill set i err'ed on a full explanation.

Let us know if that helped or not.

Cheers

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Dash Cam Discussion 15
Back