Kph to mph!

Krookz

Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont see the option to switch and i did some searching. Dosnt look possible. Can this be requested from the developers?

Yep, the screen display.

I just realized that when I previewed the video on my computer just now. I was hoping it would record it in case it was needed on the road vs. dealing with it later on. Ill try that software tomorrow and see what it does. Thanks for the responses.

Hey, so I got some videos on my trip to/from work. Opened them in that piece of software... it shows what I want. BUT - How in the heck do I get the speed overlaid on the video??? If we go to court we will need a simple video on a tablet. We cannot take a laptop and attempt to show a judge a video, software, goggle earth, ect.

you can export the GPS data as a subtitle file and it can display through players like VLC etc that supports subs

Ok I messed with it, got them to show up in sony vegas. That is definitely not what im after. The CC dosnt show mph constantly and its delayed showing coordinates and such. I tried exporting a gpx from that software you sent but it wont import into anything.

Is it possible to get firmware that will give the option to stamp mph on the actual video near the date/time? I really like the form factor of this cam but its missing that stamp that i've seen on others

Last edited:
The GPS antenna doesn't give high frequency updates so that's why there is a delay. Most dashcams are like that - something like 1-2hz updates. If you need higher refresh rate or resolution, the required gps antenna won't be cheap, and won't work with this camera anyway.

I meant the closes captions are slow. I can see the gps data and the 1hz is fine

Welp... wasnt easy. But I got something to work.

The GPS antenna doesn't give high frequency updates so that's why there is a delay. Most dashcams are like that - something like 1-2hz updates. If you need higher refresh rate or resolution, the required gps antenna won't be cheap, and won't work with this camera anyway.

it updates once per second which is plenty, the delay with embedded speed though is due to that data having to be injected afterwards, it's not real time, you'll notice even some brands that boast about 5Hz, 10Hz GPS, worlds fastest etc etc still have the same issue, that's just marketing BS thta delivers no actual advantage

Back