Ladies and gents, first thermal video

So not much use as a dashcam then. :(
Yes, setup must be different then.
But maybe this will come more common and cheap in 5-10 years, but i have to say that i don't know how durable or long lasting this thermal image sensor is, this model is clicking constantly while it is making some kind of calibration every 5 or so seconds.

Very cool though. I find it interesting that the heat signatures on some vehicles were rather pronounced, while others, like the left turning car, aren't. It looked like you have it inside the cab?

I can certainly see the applications for this in extreme weather. In fog, or worse, snow dust, seeing a heat signature before the object could save lives.

Im getting a flir sensor as soon as i can ( afford it )
And then hope for after marked HUD displays for cars like some high end cars have ( dont want to be looking at console of screen elsewhere )
And i wish it would work thru all the glass of my rifle scope, but thats not going to happen so i will have to make do with IR there.

Very cool though. I find it interesting that the heat signatures on some vehicles were rather pronounced, while others, like the left turning car, aren't. It looked like you have it inside the cab?

I can certainly see the applications for this in extreme weather. In fog, or worse, snow dust, seeing a heat signature before the object could save lives.
There is some interesting things, i notice that this "black is hot" is most usable mode especially outside. Ouside temperature was about -8 C, white cars are totally cold, those with black tires are those that just came to the mall and the longer they stand there engine bay gets black when heat spread around. That moving car is interesting, i think this camera sees heat from outside surface and therefore it looks cold. When i realized that this is not working from inside i held camera outside in my hand, i find out that normal glas lenses block heat, if some kind of optics are needed you must use mirror lenses or those ZnSe lenses for laser lights.
Image111.jpg

Thermal imaging ...
Been around for quite some time ..

Thermal imaging ...
Been around for quite some time ..
Yes, but Seek and Flir One are the first ones in reasonable price range for average Joe.

Sooner or latter , it filters down ( Price wise )
Infra Red , Starlight , thermal imaging ..

Or Superman with X-ray vision!

Phil

Or Superman with X-ray vision!

Phil
They have that now , at airports ...
Not sure the people doing the perving are Superman though , possibly ass holes at worst monsters ...
I stopped following the antics of the pervs after one guy got caught playing with his ****** after some school girls were screened ..
I am not impressed by the gooberments of the world by giving jobs to questionable people ...
I would not mind if the process was computerized ( human element removed ) and censored , rather than a x-rated peep show .

Well with the kind of people folkes around the world keep electing what did you expect, it take one to know one so off course the people in jobs like that will be questionable at best cuz thats the kind of people the people doing the hiring is most comfortable with..

I have just been on the phone with Danish postal, first i call customer support to ask where the hell my parcel is, i am then told well i dont know let me transfer you to customs.
And then giving me number there fully knowing that when she transfer me no one will pick up the phone and the connection will get disconnected in 60 seconds.
So after beeing transferred and disconnected, i call the number i was given to customs and get a person almost strait away, i give the person my tracking number, and i can hear keybord being operated, then person then get back to me saying "thats weird i can see you paied customs fee over a week ago", but your parcel is still in our customs warehouse.
BUT ! i will release it right now so you should have your parcel tomorrow, and thats BS cuz the only customs here os on the "devils island" near Copenhagen, and Danish postal is 5 days about delivering a letter anywhere in Denmark, so i am pretty sure i will first get my parcel on Monday at best.

When i was done with my education at Danish Railroads, i made a agreement with myself never again to work in any public job, cuz the level of incompetence there was staggering, and thats putting it as nice as i can.

I refuse to wake up every morning and go to do a job that i know for sure make Denmark a lesser country every day,,,, hell no :mad:

O and BTW just to underline where i come from, let me tell you what i just read in the news today.

In 2015, 41.651 young people ( 18 to 21 i assume ) was given physical help to get out of bed in the morning - clean their apartment - take the bus to work and in general take care of them self.
And this i assume is not including all the teen criminals that have to be kept on manned surveillance / care 24/7/365, to a tune of a mindblowing amount of kronor every god damn month.
Or for that matter all the mentally and physically disabled people.

These are the kind of loosers the current loosers in Denmark is bringing up :rolleyes: un be fawking leaveable :mad:

In relation to numbers please note we are only 5.5 million people here.

Last edited:
Back