Latest A129 Pro firmware bricked the WiFi.

ThePamdalorian

Reaction score
Country
United States
It was working fine until I updated to the latest firmware. It had been a while since I updated. After updating, I could no longer connect to the device. It says it's active and broadcasting, but none of my devices (iPhone 13 Pro, Samsung Tablet, and a Windows 10 laptop) cannot see the SSID. I've tried the reset pin hole, and that doesn't work either.

I've tried flashing back to the version I had, but the wifi still doesn't work now. Everything else works, thankfully. It's just terribly inconvenient because how I have it mounted doesn't make easy access to it, so I have to take it down every time to make changes or get files off.

Unfortunately, I've had the A129 Pro Duo for 19 months now, so it's out of warranty.

It could just be coincidence, but I see VIOFO is on this forum so maybe they can have someone check the latest firmware to make sure it isn't messing with the WiFi in any way.

Can you check you have the latest versions of firmware and the app.
After doing a reset on the Dashcam also make sure you have done a reset on the dashcam via the menu then reboot and also then disconnect the device and then reconnect.
While your checking the firmware version mention it here as some other dashcam users may have a later version.

On some of the dashcams there are different wifi configurations. It might be you have "the other" one.
I'm sure others will have more info to help you.

On the new viofo web site the latest firmware is Version: V2.9_20221215
https://viofo.com/content/36-viofo-a129-pro-duo-dash-cam-support/
Unfortunately, I've had the A129 Pro Duo for 19 months now, so it's out of warranty.

You can also submit a support ticket with Viofo as they seem happy to help anyone who has purchased their dashcams, just remember to be polite and you will get a good result.
https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

Cheers

Actually I have the latest build V2.9_20221215 and have the same or similar issue with WIFI. When I try to turn on WIFI on the dash cam, I m getting this error.

AP Mode
Connecting:Fail
Refresh Wi-Fi OFF

and does not show the SSID to connect. Even the phone is not able to see the SSID.

Tried to do soft reset, reboot, hard reset with the pin, and some previous firmware's and did not fix it.

Thanks

Tried to do soft reset, reboot, hard reset with the pin, and some previous firmware's and did not fix it.

Thanks
I think this particular model may have had some hardware changes and the standard firmware is not compatible with all hardware.
Contact Viofo support as suggested above, they will sort it for you.

I think this particular model may have had some hardware changes and the standard firmware is not compatible with all hardware.
Contact Viofo support as suggested above, they will sort it for you.
Initially I bought the Bluetooth remote and after many tries it did not connect to the dash cam, I did open a ticket and was suggested to ship the dashcam for repair. I did not get a chance to ship it, and wifi was working fine, and now wifi is also not working for few months now. And warranty also expired.

Back