Lens C mounting angle for dashcam

Osmosis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been toying with different angles for the Mobius in the car. With the C lens, over- and under-exposure might be more common, given it's such a wide angle.

In trying to overcome this, my Mobius is pointing downward a quite an angle. I don't have the car right now so can't show you. But I can show you a screenshot of an earlier journey today.

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 14.26.22.png

Here's another screenshot with it angled more horizontal. Things get a bit dark in the sun.

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 14.35.57.png

So what sort of angle are you putting your Mobius at with a C lens?

Cheers.

I'm running my C lens ( set to narrow ) at a much shallower angle, you can maybe see about an inch of the dash at the bottom of the shot. That said, I do have a rather large portion of the sky in the shot, but I've found my Mobius copes quite well with the changes in exposure.

Here's the angle it currently sits at. Giving the brighter view as seen in post 1.

image.jpg

Looks good, I'll give it a go at that angle once I have my final set up.

My Scosche magnetic mount arrived today, but I'm trying to find someone to fit me some of that perforated film ( like in your picture ) to help hide the wires and mount before I go ahead with the final fitment.

I completely forgot that the camera has Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) turned on (not Low Light). This is probably what's making it overexpose more with a more horizontal angle.

Back