Lens Closer To Windshield Better?

Oh wait! You've made a dash mat, not a windscreen mounted "shield".
No, because the shield was higher than the dash. How high it can be placed depends on geometry - how close the camera is to the screen, and the angle of the screen.

No, such a shield won't prevent reflections at all, much less completely.
Did the shield in my video prevent the reflection? Yes or no? Do you retract your statement? Or do you want to continue making a fool of yourself?

" windscreen mounted shield" ???

ah, because you need to know where it goes :D:D:D

No, because the shield was higher than the dash. How high it can be placed depends on geometry - how close the camera is to the screen, and the angle of the screen.

Did the shield in my video prevent the reflection? Yes or no? Do you retract your statement? Or do you want to continue making a fool of yourself?

Insulting me or flaming isn't going to work to dig yourself out of your intellectual hole no matter how much you try. If it makes you happy you should go stick a huge black card under your camera. More intelligent and enlightened dash cam users will opt for a CPL and/or a true dash mat rather than ignoring the facts or making up their own notions of how light and physics actually work.

" windscreen mounted shield" ???

ah, because you need to know where it goes :D:D:D

That video was pretty funny but an American could have the same fun with a mirror of British English, I'm sure. The whole study of how English spread around the world because of the rise of the British Empire and how it evolved into all these different dialects is a fascinating one. The field is called Sociolinguistics and I once met one the field's pioneers who was the father of a woman I dated years ago.

sure they could :D

but its not called English for nothing ;):D:D

The "queens English " spoken by the upper class is probably its most perfect form and I seldom hear it spoken and have lost the ability to do so myself having quickly realised entering a rough pub at 18 years old and ordering a pint using it could result in stunned silence and all eyes on you !!!

The "queens English " spoken by the upper class is probably its most perfect form and I seldom hear it spoken and have lost the ability to do so myself having quickly realised entering a rough pub at 18 years old and ordering a pint using it could result in stunned silence and all eyes on you !!!

Last edited:
sure they could :D

but its not called English for nothing ;):D:D

Is this the upper class form Ronnie Pickering was using?

Queens English is rare now as private schools are now attended by the "crass Nuevo rich often with northern backgrounds" and not the preserve of what it was in the 70s when I attended !!!!!

The days are also gone where 6 was a bare beating with a cane and six of the best was with a run up the length of the headmasters office and you wouldn't want to sit down for a week or two...

Queens English is rare now as private schools are now attended by the "crass Nuevo rich often with northern backgrounds" and not the preserve of what it was in the 70s when I attended !!!!!
Mitchell and Webb are on it...

Will Jokiin replace the CPL's with vignetting too? I'm getting the vignetting on my CPL filter too, I'll get in contact with Jokiin about it, as I want another one, but I can just wait until the next batch.

Sorry to try and get this thread back on track, but what about mounting the camera at the lowest point of the windshield? I just put my unused A118C on a rental car I have now to see how it will look from that perspective. After all they are called "dashcams" :D

I can see that it does not make accessing the buttons, etc very practical on the A118C but with a dashcam that has a separate camera, such as the RC model, I'm wondering what other draw backs this will have. Will post back how this works in regards to reflections later on.

ok, well I figured there must be a reason for this. Anyway it is just an experiment to see what the results are.

IMG_1539.jpeg Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 15.08.53.png Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 15.10.32.png Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 15.09.22.png

Here are the results of my trial. I don't see a major problem with FOV and as you can see if this camera was mounted up high the reflection would be a problem with this car. This location is not practical for the A118C as access to the buttons and SD card are challenging. But with a remote camera form factor I'm thinking this might be an option for a reflection problem.

Access to buttons and SD card is not optimal (read very challenging) behind the rearview mirror too.
On your car I would use a large flat objet (paper sheet?) on the grid under the cam when removind the SD card :p

Yeah you seen those big SD card eating vents I guess as well so I did that the first time......then I thought, dummy, just pull the camera off the mount :rolleyes:

Back