Only thing i am allowed to carry are my library card, so i have to be a criminal cuz i carry a little folding knife.
Not really worth much for self defense, even with me reading and practicing knife combat and hand 2 hand combat as a kid / teen.

For the first 4 years you dont have to do anything with a new car, but with old cars or after the first 4 years you have to get a check every 2 years.

Not too tough to get a CWP here :) and laws are such that even without that one can have something close-by and handy if needed :cool: SC USA no longer does vehicle safety inspections. The system we previously had was a bad joke anyway as a little extra money got you a a sticker in so many places that it was almost unknown for there to be a real and complete inspection done :eek: After abandoning that they greatly increased the fines for improper equipment but that doesn't get much enforcement except around the State capitol where they new HP recruits are trained and for vehicles involved in crashes :whistle: No emissions inspections here either, but with Atlanta's atmosphere being generally upwind of us the EPA has let us 'off the hook' so far even though our air test scores are bad enough to demand mandatory emissions inspections. If we ever see that happen they will probably go back to a system like the old one where a few extra bucks placed in the right hands gets you through ;)

Phil

Not too tough to get a CWP here :) and laws are such that even without that one can have something close-by and handy if needed :cool: SC USA no longer does vehicle safety inspections. The system we previously had was a bad joke anyway as a little extra money got you a a sticker in so many places that it was almost unknown for there to be a real and complete inspection done :eek: After abandoning that they greatly increased the fines for improper equipment but that doesn't get much enforcement except around the State capitol where they new HP recruits are trained and for vehicles involved in crashes :whistle: No emissions inspections here either, but with Atlanta's atmosphere being generally upwind of us the EPA has let us 'off the hook' so far even though our air test scores are bad enough to demand mandatory emissions inspections. If we ever see that happen they will probably go back to a system like the old one where a few extra bucks placed in the right hands gets you through ;)

Phil
Might as well not have any mandatory inspections' system at all, if having a sticker doesn't mean they're controlling your vehicle's emitions. :confused:
After reading your and @Number400 posts, I'm very surprised the US were the ones to raise questions about the VW diesel cars' emissions.

Last edited:
Big differences between the 50 State governments and the one Federal government ;)

Phil

Back