LK-7900 ACE primitive window bracket.

sundash

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Dash Cam: Lukas LK-7900 ACE; 808 #26
I wanted my LK-7900 order me next month, but if that is not so quick to use already, I'll probably wait a little or buy from another manufacturer.

No position name from the manufacturer Qrontech at a Dashcam over 200 USD!

What do you mean?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jazzist said:
What do you mean?

remember? Have you written it yourself!
Jazzist said:
At least half of that is shipping. Price won't be much different. Better to buy multiple things at once to reduce shipping hit eg another camera.
:cry:

Swordfish said:
$28 for a couple of plastic mounts that break easily is extortion. I think I'll wait for Lukas's Paypal account.
:oops:

Jazzist said:
I've emailed Mi Jin back to let him know that people aren't happy about these mounts cracking after only a few uses. Will let you know what he says. HTH.
:oops:

Ok, here we go..

"
Regarding the mounting bracket, it is designed to be affixed to the windscreen and hold Black box tight as you already know. Otherwise black box would loosen and fall out of the bracket while driving.

When taking the black box out of the bracket, please make sure to remove one side(spoing part of the bracket) first and then pull out the other side as you rotate the black box slightly.

Since we started this business, this issue has never been brought up so far though, can I ask why you take the black box out of the bracket several times? Is that because you have another car to use the black box?

In Korea, those who need spare brackets they normally purchase extra ones though but I reckon shipping cost seems to be a burden for overseas users.
"

Jazzist said:
Ok, here we go..

"
Regarding the mounting bracket, it is designed to be affixed to the windscreen and hold Black box tight as you already know. Otherwise black box would loosen and fall out of the bracket while driving.

When taking the black box out of the bracket, please make sure to remove one side(spoing part of the bracket) first and then pull out the other side as you rotate the black box slightly.

Since we started this business, this issue has never been brought up so far though, can I ask why you take the black box out of the bracket several times? Is that because you have another car to use the black box?

In Korea, those who need spare brackets they normally purchase extra ones though but I reckon shipping cost seems to be a burden for overseas users.
"

I wonder how many complaints they've gotten about this flimsy mount and do the other models use the same one? They must understand that with their filters it might need to be removed more often.

My 2 replacement mounts came today.

Guess what. I accidentally broke the first bracket one pulling the Lukas out. You really do need to be really gentle with it and make sure you twist the cam out, rather than pull it out.

Hmm, I'm not going to try and remove my camera for now I don't think :)

firstly high one and all also its nice to catch up with you once again jazzist...... I made a pigs ear of my first entry into dashcamtalk about a month or so ago and have just found time to rejoin.My window bracket is also giving cause for concern and the posts are proving very helpful....as regards some late replies from korea I saved to favourites the south korean public holiday calender which gives me some idea if there may be a delay in Email replies.....One problem I have with the LK7900ACE is that in playback using the Lukas Viewer the speed indicator ( i use KM per hour) is correct but the total trip indicator is way out IE for a journey of just 9km the total distance shown in the replay is several times greater 30km or more.Is anyone else experiencing similar problems I have Emailed LUKAS and am waiting a reply hopefully a firmware update may fix the problem.@ jazzist hows the new car going. Regards Ipol

Hi Ipol how's it going?
I think my odometer does the same thing, haven't looked at that too closely . wonder if it does the same thing when set to imperial?

Love the new car , there are some photos in the what car do you drive thread here :)

I really like the Lukas camera too. Would be nice to have the option of saving the coordinates onto the video too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

firstly let me correct the last post (high) to (HI) heaven forbid you all think I am suggesting you are on the happy baccy :D will look at your car postings when i finish typing this post jazzist . The trip meter error sounds like it is a common fault and yes its the same problem in miles per hour. I did a day long check during the week.This in some respects is perhaps a good thing as LUKAS may be able to correct it with a firmware update I have made them aware of the problem.If it had solely been a problem with my camera it might have meant the expense of sending it back or living with it.If any other Lukas DVR users are experiencing the same problem perhaps they might wish to inform Lukas as well which hopefully will result in a rapid update.Regards as always to you all ....hey the sun is shining in northern france with any luck we will get into double figures .....Ipol

update on bracket and trip mileage indicator Lukas qrontech have been very quick to reply to my emails and requested 2 sample videos which I posted yesterday .They have already acknowledged receipt and are working on a firmware update which will be made available when completed.They also say that Green-sum is their official outlet retailer and we can order spare brackets and accessories through him.Hope this is of help :D Ipol

Odd, I asked Green-Sum first as they were who I purchased my Lukas from.

This is what they said when I asked to purchase a mount -

'Hello, this is Green sum.

This item is all-in-one type, so the manufacturer does not provide separately.

If you have other questions, please let us know it.

Thank you.'

@jamesbcd Hi james I probably jumped the gun a little Lukas(qrontech) say that green-sum is in the PROCESS of adding accessories for the Lukas range of dashcams to his site....I tried ordering 2 brackets yesterday without success.....guess we have to have a little patience.( I wanted mine like yesterday) :( I did send an Email to him via Ebay explaining I am in urgent need of a new bracket mine is completely cracked.Hopefully the accessories (filters av leads brackets etc ) will be available in the very near future.I actually purchased my cam from Apple-ct but Lukas tell me he is not their official dealer that being said I have no complaints about the service he has provided and the responses to my emails.Hope this sheds a little more light on the subject......As always regards to all the other members and visitors to this site......Ipol

just had an Email supposedly from green-sum offering 2 brackets with DHL express delivery for 30 U S D and asking for my paypal details if I am interested in purchasing.This of course may well be all above board and genuine.....Despite the urgency I think I will err on the side of caution and wait till the brackets are offered on the Green-sum Ebay site.Probably me being over cautious but better safe than sorry..... Ipol PS the original email conversations I had with Lukas I have forwarded to dashcamtalk

Well I have bought several lk 7900 from green sum and they offer me spare mounts 2 for $29... that was via their official ebay three days ago. Still waiting for the DHL package to arrive. I will let you guys know

@lotrbfme thanks for the info I am in no way disputing green-sums integrity or honesty his Ebay reputation is rock solid I just need to be sure the email I received was actually from him. . I bought my cam from apple-ct who no longer advertise lukas cams for sale.I was under the impression that green-sum will be listing Lukas accessories on line with item numbers and prices so that one can order in the usual manner via Ebay but at present can find no reference to this end........If green-sum is lukas qrontech,s official dealer then that,s good enough for me.Perhaps green-sum is in the process of updating his store inventory to include the accessories Maybe if I had continued with the transaction it would have taken me to the Ebay site to pay......I wasnt prepared to take the risk just in case the email didnt come from him.....regards Ipol

Ipol said:
@lotrbfme thanks for the info I am in no way disputing green-sums integrity or honesty his Ebay reputation is rock solid I just need to be sure the email I received was actually from him. . I bought my cam from apple-ct who no longer advertise lukas cams for sale.I was under the impression that green-sum will be listing Lukas accessories on line with item numbers and prices so that one can order in the usual manner via Ebay but at present can find no reference to this end........If green-sum is lukas qrontech,s official dealer then that,s good enough for me.Perhaps green-sum is in the process of updating his store inventory to include the accessories Maybe if I had continued with the transaction it would have taken me to the Ebay site to pay......I wasnt prepared to take the risk just in case the email didnt come from him.....regards Ipol

Ipol you can msg apple ct on this forum and buy the bracket from him, after messaging he will send you a PayPal invoice. I think it was $28 for two sets including shipping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

oppps my mistake very strange I searched the apple-ct site yesterday and could not find the Lukas cam it came back no results found in the specific search thanks for the head up Al Drake it must have been a bad PC for me yesterday at my age it happens.@ jazzist thanks for the info as well...... by the way the car looks nice my first new car was a fiat way back in the early sixties regards Ipol :mrgreen:

:idea: There's an official seller on ebay, called green-sum.. i've heard they will have them soon.

Back