LK-7900 FHD ARA (with OBD II)?

isomorphic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, folks. I've been in the market to buy a LK-7900, but after reading this:

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lukas-lk7500-fhd-real-with-obd2.2267/

...I figured I would wait for a version of the LK-7900 with the OBD II interface.

After regularly Googling for "lk-7900 obd", I found:

http://www.lukashd.com/shoppingmall...ppingmall/products_list.html?cate=&orderby1=2

Does anyone read Korean? ;) It looks more or less identical to the LK-7900 ACE, but with the OBD II interface. (And/or an external GPS, for some reason.)

Any idea when these cameras will make it to the North American market?

Also, I'm guessing FHD means "full high-definition" in Lukas nomenclature, but what about ACE, ARA and REAL?

I have the same issues with my LK-7500G witch came in a box with REAL written on it, but i doubt i can just by the OBD2 "thingie" and the other GPS antenna witch seem to have a USB plug an there is no USB socket on my cam.

It is no help trying to use a translator on the lukas site, as most of ther content seem to be text in a Picture format witch do not get translated. o_O
From what i know it seem like the models with OBD2 are barely on the korean markes, and Lukas for some reason do not seem to be in a hurry to reach the larger international marked.

I really like these models too, but i am affraid these Lukas cams will get overtaken on the outside in turn 4 by other brands :confused:
It would allso be nice if some one on this site could do a proper review of these cams and explein ther nomenclature as it seem quite confusing for one who do not read Korean.

I tried to get the 7500 REAL via a Korean site, but this did not pan out as i hoped, so i whent for the 7500G witch i got via spytec inc

The 7900 with OBD 2 is in the pipeline for the western market in the not too distant future I think that Myjoon at Lukas qrontech will be informing me of the release date I have already told lukas that I want to purchase as soon as the models are available for our part of the world......@ Lukas Qrontech.......I hope they are available for christmas dashcams here in france are beginning to be advertised and discovered......and are available in several nationwide stores . @ kamkar there are a couple of short videos on the Lukas Korean site but like me it will be a bit hit and miss to locate them as I do not read korean either......Regards Ipol:(

It would have helped if I got the name right Mjyoon o_O

Yeah i have been all over the Lukas site too, but i have put those cams on standby as i have no job at the moment and there for are quite poor.

As i said above i dont think my 7500G can be upgraded, BCUZ the OBD2 thingie seem to plug in where the GPS antenna is plugged in now, but the other GPS antenna seem to have USB plug and i cant see if it then plug into the OBD2 thingie, but i dont think so.

On my 7500G it do say GPS / OBD on the housing where my GPS plug in, allso the info on the youtube videos with OBD information are located different from the info on my videos, but this might be changed by loading another firmware i guess.

I was in Paris back in 1985 and from what i remember the traffick was not too bad, but ppl was parking in the most wierd Places ;) some times 2 cars on the outside of the one parked at the curb.

Back