LK-7900 Not Reconized by Computer

nineback

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a new 7900 that when I plug into my computer's USB port I get a windows 8.1 error message saying the device is unknown. I installed the latest viewer from the Lukas web site. I updated to the latest firmware with no problem and the cam boots up and appears to be working fine. I don't see drivers listed anywhere.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong.?

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
I guess you can not read from the camera directly but have to take the card out and put it in your computer.

Tom

I dont think the USB on the camera is for transferring files to a computer, the USB isent even there on my LK-7500.
Think the only way is to put the SD Card into a reader.

I read somewhere in these forums about the usb port being wired differently to a normal one so you may need to get a special lead for the camera. Easiest optoin is to get a sd card reader and use that byt just putting the card into it.

I have a new 7900 that when I plug into my computer's USB port I get a windows 8.1 error message saying the device is unknown. I installed the latest viewer from the Lukas web site. I updated to the latest firmware with no problem and the cam boots up and appears to be working fine. I don't see drivers listed anywhere.

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong.?

Thanks,
Tom
The USB port on the camera itself, is not for use by the consumer. Why it is there, I have no idea.. You have to take out the SD card from the camera , and insert it into the card reader on your computer.

I've read somewhere that the USB is for debugging by the developers. I see your problem and it took a while before I discovered that I had to put the SD-card into my pc and use the ACE viewer to browse for it. (I know the documentation says this, but..) When I did that, I could see all driving data. At the same moment, I understood that the config file was to be stored on the SD.

I think that the camera is superb, but the documentation is .. not so good. In addition to the typos, there are some missing information, e.g. about the counter intuitive USB port, which cannot be used to connect and configure the camera.

LOL Not User error then it Language Error again

Back