LK-7950 died

Greg Smith

Reaction score
Country
United States
The camera was working fine and I noticed yesterday the LED display was not showing anything. I checked voltage to the power connector and measured 12 volts to both the inner tip and outer tip, along with continuity to ground.

I went through the manual and did't see anything to reset it or any other fuses than the ones in the power cable.

This thing is just over a year old. I'm pretty disappointed.

My LED display has died as well. First it was a couple of lines that stopped showing, then more and more, before finally a blank black screen. Other than this problem the dashcam has been doing its job quite well.

The last video I had on mine was a motion detect on Jan 8 when the vehicle was in the garage. No obvious signs of trauma on the camera. Maybe there's a internal fuse or the capacitor failed.

Was it the power cable connector at the dashcam, or was the cable damaged somewhere, or car wiring loom connection(s) come loose? My cable connector at the dashcam is abit loose (always was) but seems reliable enough. I updated my post in the other thread I started the other day.

I wasn't able to get consistent continuity from the end of the cable to the connector.

My LED display has died as well. First it was a couple of lines that stopped showing, then more and more, before finally a blank black screen. Other than this problem the dashcam has been doing its job quite well.

That is one of my problem I have been facing.
( https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/summary-of-my-problem-experience-with-lk-7950wd.31830/ )

I had replaced with a brandnew dash cam for 7-8 times but the problem still recurred !!! Is it quite obvious to assume that it's the material defect of the LED segment?

Just wondering if any action from the maker to fix it permanently?

I also had a Lukas-7950 that died after just over a year. Highly disappointing, was expecting the camera to be dependable.

Back