Location Field is Now Mandatory

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We have just implemented a change in the Dash Cam Talk registration policy. Location field is now mandatory upon registration.

Please include your country in this field. Region, state, province, city, town are all optional.

For existing members, we are in the process of populating the location field based on the which country your IP address originates in.

The reason for this change is due to posts from dash cam vendors who are not clearly identifying themselves as such.

Good idea.
Also I think when user is creating an account some page to announce him the usual things in just few sentences, like:
1. ... rules agree, bla-bla
2. Location Field is Mandatory. And when registering that field must to be filled.
3. You have a filed for the camera you own. If you are searching for a dashcam you can write "Searching...", if you are a sellew wrote "Vendor"

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi Mtz,

I will soon update the terms and conditions when someone registers with the new rules. The software does not allow someone to register without the location field now, it is mandatory. I haven't made the camera field mandatory because I want the registration process to be as simple as possible. Perhaps I will change in the future.

I also implemented a new "ranking" system that includes a "retailer" field. I will explain further in a separate post.

Back