Long range plate reading, a little lens experiment.

Obviously, everyone has different notions of what constitutes "really good" optical performance.

Last edited:
Obviously, everyone has different notions of what constitutes "really good" optical performance.

what do you expect at 75 meters on a dull rainy day from a £25 camera attached to binoculars experimenting ?

its just 'your' 70 s man movie quality many seem to watch !!!

point is it captures number plates 100% even in initial experimentation days and mounted facing rear could possibly capture all traffic as it has further experimenting with a view up the road of 50 to 100meters - and might

a good use of an old dashcam .

O yeah, this is Brian`s lens playtime 101, with the subtitle how to expose things from a comfortable distance :D

The Komando Dual Lens Dash Cam has wide angle & telephoto lenses. It appears that both lenses can face forward simultaneously.

$150 buys you a 720p camera that records in .AVI format. Looks like a recipe for disappointing video quality, but it partially fulfills the criteria...

http://shop.komando.com/the-komando-dual-lens-dash-cam

image.jpg

Last edited:
Been playing with lenses again.

Sorry about the dirty windows, no way around that this time of the year.

I do like the 90 degree lens on a rear camera.
I allso like the mobius "B" lens on the innovv C3 as a side camera, a wider FOW would not hurt there, but then you get problems with a discreete install as you will have to keep the lens way off the edge of the window to not pick them up in footage as i have here ( lens a fjew mm from hitting glass )
No doubt side cameras demand somthing special for ther install.

C3 as its installed for testing ATM
WP_20150125_003%5B1%5D_big_thumb.jpg

WP_20150125_005%5B1%5D_big_thumb.jpg

Back