long shot, not sure if anyone read these now. ddpai m6 plus dont save time and date ? stuck the same date.

bambootest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, my 2 years old ddpai have been suffering with problem i have noticed it records but does not change the date and time of my recording. so for example if i reset the dashcam on the 26/03/2019 and drive for the next 2 days it will record everything but on the computer it will show it was recorded on the 26/03/2019? i have try resetting/updating the dashcam also taken out the battery and tested it seems to be discharging so could be that but could it be a memory card issue ?

anyone had simliar problem with this dashcam or other type?

so that date doesn't update and it all shows the same time and date constantly?

yes for example if i reset the camera and start driving it would record the correct time and date but when i turn car on again the next day to record it will record over old video clips but dated yesterday. so it will only show the date 26/03/2019 no matter what date i drive on

Does the time and date update ok until you power off and it resets, or it doesn't change at all?

Does the time and date update ok until you power off and it resets, or it doesn't change at all?

time and date is ok when i reset/connect to wifi on the device. for example if i reset device now the time and date will show as 27/03/2019 11.16AM i drive around for a hour it will record everything fine. however if i leave it now and drive tomorrow it will only records from 27/03/2019 11.16AM onwards, it is a very strange problem

how is the battery in the camera?

tested the battery it was over 3.8v boosted it to 4v but it was discharging itself quite quicky. my guess the battery is not holding charge but still works. have now bought a new battery waiting for it to turn up and try the test again.

I've been experiencing the same problem with my M6 Plus. I've tried a couple of micro SD cards, the latest being a Samsung brand which come highly recommended. It maintains the same date and time from when the card is formatted.

i can confirm it was the internal battery. replaced the battery the it saves the date and time correctly been testing for a month seems to be back to normal now.

i can confirm it was the internal battery. replaced the battery the it saves the date and time correctly been testing for a month seems to be back to normal now.
How do you get into M6+ to replace battery as I have the very same problem

Back