Looking for a dash cam to help in taffic stops?

I walked in at one of the ppl i used to waste my time with when i was young, stupid mofo pulled out a 38 revolver and started to play Russian roulette with him self.
I said give my the **** i need and blow your head off when i am out the door :rolleyes: sadly it took another 2 decades before the idiot died.
And he was probely using a "fixed" bullet cuz he allways been a chicken in all ways, only thing he did get right was not to talk to the police.

I never served in the Armed forces, though we did have a draft back then i was not invited to the party.
But i am well aware that you dont point a gun at anything you dont wish to kill or destroy, and you dont put a MAC10 in the hands of a 9 year old at the range.

kamkar1 said:
you dont put a MAC10 in the hands of a 9 year old at the range.
My brother brought his then 4 or 5 year old son with us to the firing range once... we were mainly going to let my wife try firing a gun for the first time. after my wife shot my brother's full size glock in .45, he let his son shoot it. granted, only one round in the mag at a time, and dad had his hand over his son's hand to keep it from flying away, but the kid nearly hit a bullseye at 15 yards with a 45. nobody at the range (including the marshals) showed any concern about this.

you know you're in texas when... :p

My brother brought his then 4 or 5 year old son with us to the firing range once... we were mainly going to let my wife try firing a gun for the first time. after my wife shot my brother's full size glock in .45, he let his son shoot it. granted, only one round in the mag at a time, and dad had his hand over his son's hand to keep it from flying away, but the kid nearly hit a bullseye at 15 yards with a 45. nobody at the range (including the marshals) showed any concern about this.

you know you're in texas when... :p

The antithesis to your scenario are adults who've never seen a firearm - let alone held or fired one - who are so scared of them that they want to ban their very existence. I'm all for exposing children and young adults to guns, if for no other reason than to demystify them. What age is too young? I don't know. In fact, I don't know that I would use chronological age as a limiter. Perhaps physical size, and mental maturity? But that's a tough call.

I didn't hold/fire my first gun until I was 25. I had to be 'forced' to do so. I didn't like the experience - too loud, too dirty. To this day, I still don't enjoy firing weapons - even with all the conveniences of air conditioned ranges and electronic hearing protection. Yet, I recognize their utility and value when it comes to self (and family) preservation.

If he's nervous on the job, he shouldn't be a police officer. There wasn't a police officer draft, he made the job choice and perhaps for the wrong reason; control.

I don't agree. To be a police man/women is many thing. There actually help people a lot. I don't think the reason there choose to be in police is because of power . When one cop do a wrong thing, it won't take much before it get blow up compare to when he do something good.

Bad cops are either because they are really bad person or because they are scared or because they can't understand the situation and use deadly force.
Either way, bad cops need to get out of the force.

Agree, but one wrong decision in a split second could be: Dead or charged with murder.

Here in the DCT is much more easy. Many likes, warning or ban.

I don't agree. To be a police man/women is many thing. There actually help people a lot. I don't think the reason there choose to be in police is because of power . When one cop do a wrong thing, it won't take much before it get blow up compare to when he do something good.

[/QUOT

While a good lot of police officers do help and don't choose to become one because of the power, in this case, to pull a gun without cause was to show power or out of fear. Which is why I was specifically saying "he" and not a general "they"

Agree, but one wrong decision in a split second could be: Dead or charged with murder.
Yes, being a cop is dangerous and a lot of them get killed by criminals.
That's a risky job and they know it going in so risk is there.
There are great heroes as well.

That doesn't mean they can imagine a walking stick or a phone as a gun and kill innocent people.
Obey or die mentality has to go. Like that stupid cop who shot the driver because he took off.
Warning: Graphic video...

Even James Holmes didn't get death penalty and here we have stupid cops killing people just because they don't obey their orders. Nazi rule is what we have here.
This guy didn't even hear cops as he had headphones and got killed shot from behind when he tried to stop/change song as he took his hand towards his belt in full daylight.
And the cop is still not charged and even if charged, nothing will happen.
Warning: Graphic video...

As you see, even having video won't help you against a stupid cop so please behave nicely, forget all your rights and obey. Get out of that situation safely and deal with it later if you have to by hiring a lawyer.
As they say, even God can't compete/win against stupid.

Chicken hearted cops need to go out and those who kill/hurt innocent should go to jail, not pay the victim/family by city and set free.
If that's the rule, then also allow criminals to pay and get out of jail, not only to cops.
Enough rant... and vented... :)

Last edited:
My old Cop friends had it right. Their take on this was that if you have to pull your gun out of the holster, you've already screwed up the job. But you had darn well not hesitate when it's time to pull it out or you will have really screwed up your job. Today's Cops seem to think their personal safety is paramount. It is important, but the most important part of being Cop is to remember what you're supposed to be trying to do: Keeping the peace.

Having a gun in your hand isn't the path which leads there. It belongs in the holster and you should pray that it can safely stay there the way my old friends did. If I have to rely only on a scared Cop and their firearms training working properly then they have gone too far. The way Cops are doing things now obviously isn't working too well for them or us yet they refuse to see this and want to continue on the wrong course. Put the gun back in the holster and use your brains to keep the peace; an imperfect method but one which has worked well for ages and one that cannot be improved on.

Your mindset matters in how you are treated in this world and only you can fix yours when it's wrong.
Phil

The antithesis to your scenario are adults who've never seen a firearm - let alone held or fired one - who are so scared of them that they want to ban their very existence. I'm all for exposing children and young adults to guns, if for no other reason than to demystify them. What age is too young? I don't know. In fact, I don't know that I would use chronological age as a limiter. Perhaps physical size, and mental maturity? But that's a tough call.

I didn't hold/fire my first gun until I was 25. I had to be 'forced' to do so. I didn't like the experience - too loud, too dirty. To this day, I still don't enjoy firing weapons - even with all the conveniences of air conditioned ranges and electronic hearing protection. Yet, I recognize their utility and value when it comes to self (and family) preservation.
My dad started me with a BB gun when i was 6 or 7, and moved up to a .22 rifle at 8. He even let me try his 30.06 deer rifle at 9, but it knocked me down when firing from a standing position because i didn't expect that much kick (i hit my target though!). it really is about the child's maturity level though. by comparison, my younger brother wasn't ready for even a BB gun till he was 9 or 10 because he showed too much interest in killing small animals just to be mean.

the lesson dad gave me that i remember the most was when we were at home, cleaning the rifle after the first time he took me shooting. i had the barrel in my hand, with the bolt and trigger removed for cleaning , so the gun could not possibly fire. i was looking through the barrel to see if it still needed more cleaning, and without really thinking about it, i took a bead on my little brother playing in the back yard. dad saw me do it and slapped me on the side of the head, knocking me off the milk crate i had been sitting on, since the hit was completely unexpected. "Don't you EVER aim at anything unless you intend to kill it. Doesn't matter that you think it's unloaded - NEVER aim at someone unless you're ready to kill them." 30 years later, i still vividly recall that moment, and the lesson learned. guns are to be taken DEADLY serious 100% of the time, no matter what, because guns are deadly serious.

My wife was the same as you - in her late 20s before she really saw a gun up close and in person. we got to my place after a date, and one of my roomies had left his long-barrel "dirty harry" revolver on the kitchen table. since i was comfortable with firearms, i didn't hesitate to pick it up, with my finger across the trigger guard and thumb pushing the hammer up, to be extra safe. i tried to open the revolver portion to make it fully safe, but the release was stuck, so i couldn't. meanwhile, my then-girlfriend was freaking out, even though i had the gun pointed at the floor, away from us, and i was trying to explain WHY the way i was holding it was perfectly safe with zero chance of accident. the way she reacted, i might as well have been playing with a stick of dynamite and a lighter. i ended up putting the gun on my roommate's nightstand, and eventually my wife calmed down. a year or two later, she surprised us by asking to try firing a gun. i gave her a basic safety "class" at home, showing proper handling, why certain things were safe, and what it took to actually make the gun fire. she's still a little uncomfortable with guns, but now she puts more than one round at a time in the magazine when we go to the range. :D

Last edited:
But only regarding others, they can never recall when they did something wrong and will refuse to admit it no matter how much proof you provide :confused: Best to just say "OK dear" and forget it- you can't win that game!

Phil

...and will refuse to admit it no matter how much proof you provide :confused: ...
And if you somehow manage to prove they were wrong (I managed to do that once) then you are wrong for doing that. o_O

Like you said, it's a game you can't win. :(

Happy wife, happy life...

As I said, she's still nervous around guns, especially with people she doesn't know well (like the other people at the range). But she's not dynamite level scared anymore. :)

So long story short: what camera for the topic starter to buy? [emoji57]

dad saw me do it and slapped me on the side of the head ... 30 years later, i still vividly recall that moment, and the lesson learned.
Good parenting. I don't care what anyone says to the contrary.
I once swore at my dad. Just the once.

we got to my place after a date ... i didn't hesitate to pick <the revolver> up ... my then-girlfriend was freaking out
To be fair, if I went on a date and the first thing a girl did when reaching home was to pick up a gun, I might freak out too.
One of the scariest moments of my life was when I wanted to leave a woman's house, but she deadlocked the doors, then walked into the room I was in with her hands behind her back. Nothing scarier than the unknown.

One of the scariest moments of my life was when I wanted to leave a woman's house, but she deadlocked the doors, then walked into the room I was in with her hands behind her back. Nothing scarier than the unknown.
Makes you wonder what might happen if you can't........:eek:

Depending on what she pulled out from behind her back it could get really really scary :eek:
And now i think i better have a cup of coffee to calm down my NC-17 rated mind.

Back