Looking for a first Dash Cam

Bruno

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the best dash cam to give to my dad as a gift.
He will use it in his Class C motor home (essentially a truck cab), because he had a few close call of people cutting him off.

Budget around 200$
Must work on Apple computer
Best quality
Heat resistance as he uses it during the winter in Florida
Can be hard wired

I'm located in Canada but willing to buy it off the internet if I can find the right product at a good price. :)

Let's get those suggestions rolling :)

Cheers

Bruno

it's hot in Florida in the winter?

Panorama S is below your budget and meets the criteria, probably some other options there also but if heat (thinking summer is probably warm in Florida) is a consideration the Panorama is very heat tolerant

I'm running Panorama cameras here and am happy with them - it might be worth checking out the SG9665GC as that has had no issues with focus drift in heat that I've seen yet unlike a lot of cameras and is capacitor based like the Panoramas are.

it's hot in Florida in the winter?

Panorama S is below your budget and meets the criteria, probably some other options there also but if heat (thinking summer is probably warm in Florida) is a consideration the Panorama is very heat tolerant
Those who go to Florida in winter is to avoid cold in other states.
They usually don't stay there in summer but instead head to Alaska. ;)
Nice times when you can do that.

Regardless of how hot it becomes in Florida in winter, it's still much less than normal summer anywhere else so any dashcam should be able to handle the heat.

Last edited:
Back