Looking to buy Dashcam for under £80, choice of 3

Kaka786

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have been looking at dashcams for a while now and was wondering what people would recommend out of these 3 cameras:
1. Transcend Drivepro 200
2. Elephas B40/A118C
3. Mobius C2

I have narrowed it down to these lot after watching youtube and looking around on different sites but would like to see what people would say on here, or if any would recommend anything else I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mobius is by far the best of those, but go with the Transcend if it has better warranty.

I've had all three of those - if you want a camera that just works and is easy to use the Transcend DP200 is a good choice with wifi and super capacitor but it's not very discrete. If you're happy to play around and want additional flexibility and discreteness and are happy to tweak things the Mobius is a great choice and you can choose between a battery to use out and about as an action type camera or if it's just for in car use you've got a super capacitor option for that. I've not tried the C2 lens yet but there's lots of good feedback here.

The A118 isn't the best at night time due to the lens used but it is very discrete - the SG9665GC is an upgraded version of that which performs better in the dark.

That camera looks pretty good but the reviews on amazon say they did not recieve the gps module with it which is strange. I may just go for the mobius as there is 4 of us wanting dashcams and can get a small discount for multi buy from banggood. Now I would want to hard wire this into my car, and i have seen good reviews of the Power Magic Pro, is there anything better or value for money to do this?

It doesn't come with the GPS module due to the low price. It has to be bought separately.

Sorry just noticed that. So thats another good option not bad for £60 dual cam.

So thats another good option not bad for £60 dual cam.

Think of it as a £150 cam (which I think is what it cost when @niko reviewed it), which has been superceded by newer BlackSys models, & remaining stock is being sold off at a bargain price.

To say it's "not bad for £60" is incorrect, it's fantastic value for money, & nothing else can compete with it at anywhere near this price

CF-100 fair online price was in Korea 180-200usd without GPS. For bargain price around 100usd, or locally 60Gbp it's complete bargain gor high-end built 2ch dashcam with supercaps snd pre-buffer recording, parking mode etc.

So would people suggest the blacksys over the Mobius?

So would people suggest the blacksys over the Mobius?
Having owned Mobius for over 2 years with never a problem, I do recommend Mobius, especially if you value discreetness, reliability, durability, repairability, etc.

You shortlisted the DrivePro 200, so you're not too bothered about how conspicuous a dashcam looks in your windscreen when you leave your car parked. In which case, the BlackSys offers unbeatable bang for buck in terms of build quality, dual channels, Sony sensor, pre-buffered motion & g sensing, capacitor, thermal tolerance, included micro SD card, etc.

I wouldn't buy the BlackSys for my car, as it's form-factor doesn't appeal to me. But if it appeals to you, it's the automatic choice. My preference is for DashCams that are unlikely to be seen by opportunist thieves...

image.jpg

Last edited:
The BlackSys CF-100 is currently selling on Amazon USA for $69.99 with free shipping. It's one of those times when I feel tempted to buy something I really don't want or need just because it's such a great deal. (Actually, I may buy one as a gift for someone I know who's thinking of buying a dash cam.)

Last edited:
Who can supply the Street Guardian SG9665GC in the UK and how much is it?

Another vote for Mobius, however for a dash cam I wouldn't go with the C2 lens, though that's a personal preference. The wide lens makes everything appear farther away and smaller.

Be wary of the Mobius, mine interferes with my Sat nav.

With some separation it should clear up.
Not much help really, its at the top of the windscreen and the sat nav is as low as it can be and still be visible. Just replaced the mobius with a mini 0806, no interference at all now.

Back