Looks like another Nextbase dashcam dead

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622 4k + rwc, 522, 322, 612 4K and 312 x2
I hooked my 322 up to the My connect app because it kept crashing to download the latest firmware. Now the device won't turn on or do anything. If I plug it in, just a blue light stops on.

Another support ticket opened with Nextbase. Honestly these Nextbase cams are absolutely riddled with issues. Will be moving onto another brand next I think.

I hooked my 322 up to the My connect app because it kept crashing to download the latest firmware. Now the device won't turn on or do anything. If I plug it in, just a blue light stops on.

Another support ticket opened with Nextbase. Honestly these Nextbase cams are absolutely riddled with issues. Will be moving onto another brand next I think.
Sorry to hear of your issues mate. I'd say it's safe to say that most of the experienced users here on DashcamTalk would recommend Viofo as a brand.

Not only are the open to feedback from users here and help out with us, but they have great after sales support and support their product well with firmware updates.

Give the A119 v3 and A119 Mini 2 a look.

IMO Nextbase reputation has been severely dented by the series 2 dashcams.

But, it's only here that the many problems have been posted. Most buyers are unaware of battery v supercaps and what is out there as Halfords only seem to stock NB.

IMO Nextbase reputation has been severely dented by the series 2 dashcams.

But, it's only here that the many problems have been posted. Most buyers are unaware of battery v supercaps and what is out there as Halfords only seem to stock NB.
Spot on. I'm newish to the dashcam world. Love them.

However my experience is not great.
I was bought a nextbase 320xr about 18minths ago now.
It stopped charging after about 6 months, Halfords replaced it and now it's stopped charging again.
I don't expect nextbase to do anything and I have lost confidence now as they have clearly got some battery issues.

Now I'm having to look for a new dashcam but annoyed as I'm guessing I'll have to have all wired up again and old wires removed.

From experience I wouldn't recommend nextbase

My Nextbase dashcams were all mini USB and I used the Nextbase hardwire kit.

The Viofo A119 V3 is also mini USB and works perfectly with the Nextbase HWK, never had an issue ........ but I don't need parking mode. If you do, that's maybe not an answer

My Nextbase dashcams were all mini USB and I used the Nextbase hardwire kit.

The Viofo A119 V3 is also mini USB and works perfectly with the Nextbase HWK, never had an issue ........ but I don't need parking mode. If you do, that's maybe not an answer
Thanks, yes parking mode is something I would like. I was looking at the nexar pro if anyone knows anything about them

Well I got in touch with Nextbase, despite being a long term Nextbase customer since the early days of the 312 and owning 2 312's a 612 a 322 (which is dead), 522 and 622. They washed their hands of me because the 322 is a year and half old and not within a year they won't touch it and basically said on yer bike. So I will no longer be a long term Nextbase customer, I will never buy a Nextbase again, their customer service used to be great when Milly was around if you had issues until a few years a go when they re branded the website when the 22 series came out and they started getting these pretty boy types in marketing them, their customer service has gone down the toilet..

Poorly made with cheap trash components knocked out at high prices..

AVOID NEXTBASE!

I have to agree.

I had 3 Nextbase dashcams thinking they were the best but all 3 of mine had design issues. 402, 412 and 380

I was offered a 422 for testing and sent a promotional video. From the video I could see ongoing issues as it was based on the 412 design with the dashcam being on a stalk and not based on the 380 design which was far superior in stealth and removal.

The main problem for me was that after each removal and remount, after offloading footage, they have to be realigned. Not necessary with the 380, good design let down by only being 1080 and no CPL facility

I declined the offer and looked for another brand which resembled the 380 but was QuadHD and had a CPL

Found the Volvo A119 V2 and have never looked back

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skylar132 322GW 6
Back