Loop Recording Not Working

AlanG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm struggling to get my new Mini 0807 camera to work. The SD card appears to fill up and then stops recording with the screen message "card size limit for video recording". I am using a single SD card which is a Sanfisk 32Gb formatted FAT32. In the menu I have set " Recyle" to 3min.
Can anyone tell me where I maybe going wrong.
Thanks
Alan.

Sandisk cards are generally not preferred, that aside though was the card formatted in the camera?

Sandisk cards are generally not preferred, that aside though was the card formatted in the camera?
No on laptop. Will try in camera.
Thanks
Alan

better to format in the camera always, the computer will not set the card up correctly

I am having the same problem. I am using 2 x 64GB Netac Pro UHS-1 U3 formatted FAT32. About once a month the camera starts giving me errors and continuously makes a chime sound until I connect the camera to a PC and clear out both SD cards. Is there some reason this loop recording feature does not work for me?

I am having the same problem. I am using 2 x 64GB Netac Pro UHS-1 U3 formatted FAT32. About once a month the camera starts giving me errors and continuously makes a chime sound until I connect the camera to a PC and clear out both SD cards. Is there some reason this loop recording feature does not work for me?

dual card switching can be a problem in this model, better to use just one card, not sure Netac cards are the best choice either

dual card switching can be a problem in this model, better to use just one card, not sure Netac cards are the best choice either

Huh, did not know that. Recording as been fine with the two cards, but only the loop function hasn't been working. I'll take one out and see if loop recording is working. I guess I could just bump up to 128 if I have to go single. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have had more than a few SANDISK cards go duff even after working perfect, these are the preffered choice of nextbase but I used samsung pro, way better in every way by a long way

Never have managed to get the loop recording to work. I am resigned to having to re-format on a regular basis. Would love hear from someone who has experienced this problem and found the cure.
Alan.

I know this might be obvious, but it hasn't been stated in this thread. Did you check the read/write properties of the files on the card?

The 0807 has the option to lock (Read-Only) video clips where there is a g-force (could be a door opening and closing). If your card is filled with read-only files the camera will not overwrite them.

Worth checking the properties on the files after the camera stops writing.

I'm running one card in the 0807 and have the g-force setting "off" and haven't experienced the problem.

better to format in the camera always, the computer will not set the card up correctly
I cant find my instruction manual at the moment, but doesnt the manual say *not* to format it in the camera, perhaps if over a certain size?

I also have the issue where the loop recording doesnt occur. I have 2 x 128gb Kingston card, i used my computer to format them as Fat32

I cant find my instruction manual at the moment, but doesnt the manual say *not* to format it in the camera, perhaps if over a certain size?

I also have the issue where the loop recording doesnt occur. I have 2 x 128gb Kingston card, i used my computer to format them as Fat32

Yea, I think it said anything over 32GB, do not format in the camera. At first my cards weren't FAT32, so I figured it was that. Formatted them as FAT32, still don't loop record. I'm now running just one 64GB card in slot A and we'll see if it fills up and errors as usual or if it'll actually loop.

Have turned off the g-force function and the loop function is now working correctly.
Thanks quaters.

Have turned off the g-force function and the loop function is now working correctly.
Thanks quaters.
Awesome. Glad that was the issue. Knock on wood, my 0807 has been going strong.

Do we have a firmware fix for this? I'm suffering from the same non-looping, and I'm about to try switching of the g-force function. But having one that, I will be missing a feature I'd like to have enabled.

Confirm the video files are "read-only" by checking their attributes. That will tell you if they are being permanently stored.

If it is the g-force, you can see in the videos what is causing the locking. Or you can change the g-force sensitivity.

I'm using Samsung Evo micro sd cards and getting the same problem. I will play around with the G force setting and see how that goes.

Just an update. Tried g sen off and the dash cam still crashed and had to format the cards. I'll now try single card and see how that goes.

I don't understand why Mini would make a dual card system if it doesn't work properly.

Back