Lost my C1

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Sadly a fjew minutes ago when i wanted to plug my C1 into my computer the plug inside the camera came loose, i have now taken it apart ( not recomendeable ) but there is nothing i can do.
I can see 3 of the 4 solderings that hold the plug to the PCB have come loose, and allso some of the "data" connections are broken.
Maybe the connection have gotten too many vibrations in my car.

PS. i can not recomend ppl changing housing on ther cameras, mine did not come apart easy, so its more than likely it will be hard to put together again.

Sadly a fjew minutes ago when i wanted to plug my C1 into my computer the plug inside the camera came loose, i have now taken it apart ( not recomendeable ) but there is nothing i can do.
I can see 3 of the 4 solderings that hold the plug to the PCB have come loose, and allso some of the "data" connections are broken.
Maybe the connection have gotten too many vibrations in my car.

PS. i can not recomend ppl changing housing on ther cameras, mine did not come apart easy, so its more than likely it will be hard to put together again.
If the connections have just become loose but the thin copper track is still intact (not 'lifted') then your camera can be repaired. You'll need to find someone who has access to a hot air soldering gun and other necessary equipment (solder paste, flux etc.). A mobile phone repair center could easily do this for you. It's not difficult if you have the correct equipment.
The socket should first be removed and then cleaned of all solder. The same goes for the connection pads. It may be possible to resolder the socket using an SMD soldering iron, but if you are inexperienced you'll do more harm than good. I would also use a new socket if one is available.
If the copper tracks are broken, then a repair will be difficult and the socket will always be the weak point unless you permanently fix it with epoxy. It may also be necessary to have a second C1 in order to determine from where the copper track originated. You will also need very, very thin wire.

Get yourself a butane soldering torch....
after repair...wonder if gluing the usb port will help

btw...I looked at the pic from Niko..the usb port mounting feet may not be soldered well..hard to see..Niko can confirm.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/innovv-c2.3451/

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not lose your C1, Trust me!

Send it back, you will get new. :)

I do have SMD soldering iron, and i know how to use it ;) thats why i took it apart.
I have often been soldering additional components to motherbords and grafix Cards to pull even more performance from them.
I cant tell for sure but 1 of the 4 solder points that hold the connector in place is "gone" the Whole pad have been pulled off the PCB
The whole socket is now off the PCB, it came completely off while i was trying to see more with my bad old eyes ( offcourse i dont have my microscope as a friend is borrowing it )

I cant believe how bad my eyes have gotten, and i cant believe how big and shaky my fingers have gotten :( i can barely see / focus on the row of connectore in the socket.

Last edited:
Well my C1 camera is going on a half World tour :)
Right back to the hands of RockThinking witch will take good care of the camera and me. :cool:

May be next version of Innovv C3/C4 will secure the usb port better..
Lateral movement from cable in and out will crack those little solder joints. I don't know if the faceplate window is too big to allow the movements.

My C1 have returned from its World tour, and on the tour it have grown a slightly larger lens witch in turn is fitted with a cute little protecting cover :)

Looks you get good services...
I'm still waiting for mine..after 3.5 weeks

Did you order from innovv ?

I got mine from joovuu in the UK, hope yours will be there soon, there is nothing more frustrating than waiting for a new "toy"

Yes, from Innovv direct..
SingPost tracking shows the package stucked in Vancouver..no movements for more than 3 weeks.
I ordered suction cup for 1.00$ arrived in 12 days from HK.

stucked in Vancouver :p that sound like a title for a B movie.

Daumm, seem like i will have to be carefull calling Danish postal for the most incompetent mail carrier in the World ;)

My friend had a huge 30 ccm gasoline offshore powerboat ( radio controlled ) lost here, he recived it, opned it to see it was broken, returned it to mail office along with complaint, and then it was lost for 4-5 weeks.
They finally found his boat behind a door at some postoffice near to Copenhagen, and they refused to have broken his boat and after 6-7 weeks in total they send it back to him.

There was no doubt they had ruined the parcel, cuz the tape put on at customs was compacted along with the cardbord box the boat was in ( like the Bellow on a accordion )
If the boat had not been packed so good he would had to deal with more than fractures in the gelcoat and a dislocated rudder.

Have you tried to track the parcel locally at Canadian postal ? some times i get different awnsers depending where i run the tracking number.

Canada Post indicated it is still enroute to Canada...it means they have not received it yet.
so..I can only guess it is in custom warehouse somewhere...I 'll wait another week before I check ..
Canada had one case, auctioned a clearly labelled package as unclaimed..
however, it is unique cd, owner found it on ebay and traced it back to postal office...of course, postal office denied...and denied..

My C1 have returned from its World tour, and on the tour it have grown a slightly larger lens witch in turn is fitted with a cute little protecting cover :)

Your camera has been arrived, we paid other $75 for custom fee. :(

:( i asked at the postoffice if there was somthing i could do as it was a item going back to seller for warrenty repair, but they said there was nothing to do.

The camera you sent me dident go into customs here, but customs here are bad and some times even large and expensive parcels go thru without any customs or taxes have to be payed.

Custom always catch you and me.

Do you receive the new one?

Yes it is right here beside me ready for action, now i just wait for better weather so i can go make some footage.
It have been a while since we have been out walking our RC trucks.

Back