LTE Connectivity Module

Your reply means the LT01 will have 5GHz and with xfer rate around 867 Mbps (86MBs approx)?
Ok makes sense to use 5GHz wifi.
I couldn't find detailed specs of the Vantrue LT01 box

This unit below has a similar price point to the LT01 but it is at full retail not
based on quantity purchase that Vantrue can do.

I don't think Vantrue will offer a unit like the TP-Link M7450, a 300 Mbps LTE-Advanced
Mobile Wi-Fi, which is similar in price to the LT01.
This is likely because it would be excessive for its intended use.
If the LT01 has all the features as the M7450 then it would be a good price.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. Hopefully we won't be locked to a Vantrue cloud
and will have options. (Thinking of another company here)

View attachment 72003
I apologize for any misunderstanding, the maximum transfer rate of LT01 is 150 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload but it is equipped with both frequencies.

All users will have free cloud storage at the current stage. We will provide upgrade plans afterwards.

Send one over! lol jk ;)

Interested to see feedbacks from fellow members to see how this all works out and what the battery draw might be compared the one without. I don't have those equipments to test battery draw.

Some questions I have... Is it really only locked down to a specific carrier list? Can one not use Mint Mobile (MVNO of T-Mobile) or other smaller MVNOs? How much data does it use?
For the US, we've tested Verizon, AT&T(FirstNet), T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Rogers and Telus, all works fine. Not sure about other MVNOs but I assume that it would be fine as long as they fit in the LTE bands. We'll have people to try out later.

For the US, we've tested Verizon, AT&T(FirstNet), T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Rogers and Telus, all works fine. Not sure about other MVNOs but I assume that it would be fine as long as they fit in the LTE bands. We'll have people to try out later.
Thanks for the updates Jeff, looks very promising! :)

Good to know - hopefully that's the case as some MVNOs are cheaper than the major carriers.

Jeff-Vantrue do you have a timeline of release? IMHO not being able to transfer the video remotely/automagicaly is a huge pitfall of dash cams. We had our truck stolen last year. Had a dash cam in it. Was recovered 2 week later sans the camera. Anyway. If you need testers I’d love to test one out for you. I just bought the N5 and really like it so far.

Cloud is a great feature IMO. I hope it gets implemented well. I can't wait to see it.

When this is available, I’d love to test it out as well. In the meantime is there more documentation available regarding all the features this will support? There’s a little info in the manual shared with the FCC, but it’d be nice to get something more complete as we get closer to release.

Jeff-Vantrue do you have a timeline of release? IMHO not being able to transfer the video remotely/automagicaly is a huge pitfall of dash cams. We had our truck stolen last year. Had a dash cam in it. Was recovered 2 week later sans the camera. Anyway. If you need testers I’d love to test one out for you. I just bought the N5 and really like it so far.
This is why GPS tracking is great. It can be hidden under the dash. Still buying a dash camera with GPS tracking is great for fleet monitopring, or keeping tracking of kilometers for your business expense.. Professional thieves will make that dash camera disappear first thing they do. Which means GPS tracking will no longer work for your vehicle theft. Hence a seperate device for GPS tracking is a better solution still.

How is privacy on the app? I was just talking to someone about this. Where are the servers for the CLOUD storage held?

This is why GPS tracking is great. It can be hidden under the dash. Still buying a dash camera with GPS tracking is great for fleet monitopring, or keeping tracking of kilometers for your business expense.. Professional thieves will make that dash camera disappear first thing they do. Which means GPS tracking will no longer work for your vehicle theft. Hence a seperate device for GPS tracking is a better solution still.
I agree with the separate GPS. But the crucial thing is the camera still goes missing during the theft (as you correctly indicated) and along with it, the evidence you need to prosecute.

What would be really nice is to be able to:

1) be able to use a separate cable that can be routed to a hidden place with another TF card at the end of the cable and the camera copies the dash cam to both card simultaneously
-or-
Allow intrepid users to install a raspberry pi type device in the vehicle with a card or SSD attached to it. create an ad-hoc wireless network between the dash cam and the Pi to dump the video every X interval to the Pi.

How is privacy on the app? I was just talking to someone about this. Where are the servers for the CLOUD storage held?
From a network admin perspective, if you want privacy throw away your electronics. The saying goes “a secure computer is a computer turned off and not connectors to any network”.

Anyway, with governments being more intrepid with snooping I think the only real secure cloud is one you control AND encrypt. But even then, your data being intercepted whilst transiting from your camera to your cloud is high.

-War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

-The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed

Fantastically true words from George Orwells’ outstanding work: <i>1984</i>

From a network admin perspective, if you want privacy throw away your electronics. The saying goes “a secure computer is a computer turned off and not connectors to any network”.

Anyway, with governments being more intrepid with snooping I think the only real secure cloud is one you control AND encrypt. But even then, your data being intercepted whilst transiting from your camera to your cloud is high.

-War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

-The masses never revolt of their own accord, and they never revolt merely because they are oppressed. Indeed, so long as they are not permitted to have standards of comparison, they never even become aware that they are oppressed

Fantastically true words from George Orwells’ outstanding work: <i>1984</i>
I personally know customers do not like 70mai create an account just to use an app. So it will be interesting to see where these types of products go with Vantrue. I would love to see a made in USA or Made in Canada dash cam with LTE personally.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the Vantrue app is updated and they have to declare their privacy settings to Apple in App Store.

Just if I am thinking it. I know many consumers are thinking it as well. My job as a retailer is to know the products well and to allow customers to make informed decisions.

Back