Lukas 7900 ACE time differential

blvdsngr

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this dashcam for some time now and really like it's performance. I do have one problem however, it has been inconsistent in logging the correct time. I recently updated the firmware to AC_37 and the Lukas viewer to version 1.8.6.0, which I believe is the current one for the firmware. After formatting my SD card and setting the time to my zone with daylight savings, the time in several hours off. Does anyone have the answer to correcting this?

what timezone setting have you selected, how far is it off actual time?
-7 with summer selected, + one hour off. I've changed the summer setting and it doesn't make a difference.

"Me Too". LK-7900 ACE is determined no matter what that the correct timezone is +9:00 (Korea) no matter I have -6:00 selected in the viewer. The viewer correctly reads my SD card and remembers I have CPL set and -6:00 time.

Firmware is AC_37 and viewer is 1.8.7.0 Mac.

Thinking its time to buy something else and never again Lukas.

Having set the parameters using the Macintosh version of Lukas 7900.app version 1.8.7.0 it took weeks or months for the dash cam to accept the config file. Am wondering if it didn't start looking until the SD card filled or something?

So long about the GPS week counter rollover a few days ago after a month or so of correct time display (well, is 18 seconds fast due to ignoring the GPS to UTC timezone correction) my 7900 is now one hour slow. Only two things keep me from shopping for a new dash cam: 1) "its only a timestamp" and 2) when airbag recall was performed the Tesla tech routed my power wire very cleanly from center console behind glovebox up the A pillar and across the roof liner.

Back