Lukas LK-7500 FHD REAL Dashcam Review (1080p, SONY Exmor, GPS)

VIIVIIIXIII

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
ITB-100HD, SG9665GC, Mobius B & C2, T1, Z970WD
Lukas LK-7500 FHD REAL Dashcam Review (1080p, SONY Exmor, GPS)

Thanks to LukasDirect for supplying this unit.

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01F9LTT7YProduct Link: http://shop.lukasdirect.com/lukas-store/dash-cams/lk-7500
Official website: http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/blackbox_7500_real.html
Special Price: $169.00USD w/ free shipping

Review:

Up for review is an offering from Lukas (Qrontech), called the LK-7500 FHD REAL. The LK-7500 features a Sony 2.4MP CMOS Image Sensor and records in a Full HD 1080p at 30fps.

Video quality is decent for both night and day, as seen in the sample clips. The video quality isn't super sharp (somewhat difficult to read moving license plates and street signs), but at least overall picture is tidy and accurate. The sensitivity of the built-in microphone is my top complaint with the unit. Any form of bass heavy or loud music, or even wind noise would distort the audio recorded.

The GPS is built into the mount (adhesive tape design) which eliminates extra bulk and cable routing. This is the first dashcam that I've owned that has a segmented LED display. Surprisingly, I found it very useful as it can display a variety of information such as time, speed, or any error/notification codes if the unit requires attention. The GPS seems to be accurate and I used the LED display to show speed when driving.

Lukas has their own video player (Windows and OSX) for ease of viewing videos and synchronized GPS data together. Note that this unit does not feature WiFi and cannot be paired with a smart device. The unit is OBDII compatible with certain vehicles, typically Korean makes. The OBD cable is an optional purchase.

7gNtuzNh.png

With regards to form factor, I felt that this unit actually leaves a smaller foot print than the size of unit might suggest at first glance. See the sample images of the LK-7500 beside my iTronics ITB-100HD for comparison.

Some other noteworthy features of this unit include: built-in super capacitor, pre-mounted UV filter, motion detection, support for SD cards up to 256GB.

Overall, this is a quality dashcam from Lukas. This unit won't win any awards for video quality by 2016 standards, however, it is a simple yet feature rich dashcam with Lukas' proven track record for reliability.

Screenshot:

1hraE3Ah.png

Sample clips:

Photos:

05lmZ98h.jpg

CDCwakkh.jpg

1yNCAL7h.jpg

YLwhmdDh.jpg

8wacWDIh.jpg

jLr2IQBh.jpg

ewmk5MQh.jpg

TbicsSEh.jpg

Specifications and feature list:

· Type: 1 Single Channel
· Camera: Full HD dedicated 2.4M Effective Pixel Sony Exmor Image Sensor, 1/2.9” (inch)
· Lens Viewing Angle: Lens Diagonal (approx. 135°) Effective Angle: horizontal (approx. 107°), vertical (approx. 55°)
· Video Resolution & Frames Per Second (FPS): 1920x1080P (Full HD) 30FPS or 1280x720P (Full HD) 30FPS
· Sensitivity: 0.5 Lux
· Video Compression: H.264(AVI format)
· Supported Languages: English, Russian, Spanish, French, Korean, Chinese Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese,
· Gravity Sensor (G-Sensor): Built-in 3-axis Impact Sensor (Impact, Acceleration, Deceleration (X, Y, & Z axis))
· GPS: Built into Mount - Ublox6
· Loop Recording: Yes
· Storage Type & Capacity: SD Card: SDHC / SDXC Memory Card (Max. 256GB)
· Power Consumption (mA): 186mA
· Display: Segment LED - Displays Status, Time, Speed
· Audio: Built-in Speaker, Microphone
· Video output: Yes - NTSC/ PAL
· Security LED: Yes
· Auto start: Yes
· Auto format: Yes
· DC Power: DC 8 - 24V
· Operating & Storage Temperature: Operating: -20° ~ 70° C (-4°F ~ 158°F) Storage: -30° ~ 90°C (-4°F ~ 194°F)
· Size (mm): Front: 96.6 X 59 X 36.4 (mm)
· Weight: 110g
· Manufacturer: LUKAS

Box contents:

· LK-7500 camera
· Cigarette power cable (note: OBDII cable optional)
· 8GB memory card (Full Size SD) (note: larger memory card sizes available)
· 3M adhesive mounting tape
· Cable management fixing clips
· UV Filter (pre-installed) (note: CPL filter optional)
· User manual

Last edited:
My first true dashcam, worked good and is still in service in my little sisters car.

Only minus is the confusing firmware / player software Lukas use, but when you figured that out its "fire and forget"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VIIVIIIXIII Dash Cam Reviews 7
Back