Lukas LK-7700 FHD PRO Dashcam Review (1080p, Samsung CMOS, GPS)

VIIVIIIXIII

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
ITB-100HD, SG9665GC, Mobius B & C2, T1, Z970WD
Lukas LK-7700 FHD PRO Dashcam Review (1080p, Samsung CMOS, GPS)

Thanks to Lukas Direct for supplying this unit.

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01FJ2EI92Official website: http://lukashd.com/dashcam/product_info/blackbox_7700.html
Special Price: $99.95USD w/ free shipping

Review:

Up for review is the Lukas LK-7700 FHD PRO dashcam. This unit was originally released as a flagship back in early 2014, but has since been replaced by the LK-7900. The LK-7700 appears to be on clearance pricing on Amazon as of June 2016, making it a compelling option in the budget dashcam market.

As with most Lukas dashcams, hardware specifications aren’t published online and aren’t found in the paperwork, but we do know that this unit is using a Samsung 2.1MP CMOS sensor. The unit is capable of recording in 1080p, up to 30fps. From my testing, I’ve found that this unit has decent quality in both day and night; similar to other units from Lukas, Blackvue and iTronics (see sample clips below). YouTube really butchered the video this time, so I uploaded a couple screenshots for a better representation of the image quality.

The LK-7700 features a built-in GPS, G-sensor, as well as a high quality microphone/speaker. This unit has a 7-segment LED display on the back of the unit, which can be used to display information such as time, speed, and notifications/warnings. This unit features SD card management, including format-free settings (scheduled formatting) and autosave for video clips detected to be “events”. Some other noteworthy features of this unit include: built-in super capacitor, pre-mounted UV filter, motion detection, support for SD cards up to 128GB.

Lukas has their own video player (Windows and OSX) for ease of viewing videos and synchronized GPS data together. You can also change camera settings using this program. Note that this unit does not feature WiFi and cannot be paired with a smart device. The unit is OBDII compatible with certain vehicles, typically Korean makes. The OBD cable is an optional purchase.

VAA57ush.png

The footprint of this dashcam was a little larger than I had initially expected from looking at the stock photos, however, the unique round form factor is quite sleek and discrete nonetheless.

At the current clearance price of $99.95USD, the LK-7700 is a great option for those looking to buy a korean dashcam on a budget. Video quality won’t win any awards, but it really isn’t that far behind -- even compared to many of the newer dashcams recently released. Lukas has a strong reputation for good reliability, warranty and customer support.

Other notable budget Korean dashcams include the BlackVue DR-3500FHD and Thinkware F50, however, those are bare bones entry level units without GPS.

Screenshots:

8Nkk3Noh.png
NPViThfh.png
hWC9q6wh.png
8oHPIDkh.png

Sample clips:

Photos:

A2z8v10h.jpg
yBsoTzvh.jpg
fYND2G3h.jpg
FUjFTtKh.jpg

Specifications:

s557lAp.jpg

Box contents:

jnKSJg4.jpg

Last edited:
For 99usd you can not go wrong with this. Buy 4pcs and you will have 4ch x 1080p system for under 400$ ;)
Do you know what bit-rate it has ?

For 99usd you can not go wrong with this. Buy 4pcs and you will have 4ch x 1080p system for under 400$ ;)

Bitrate goes up to 11 mbps. You can adjust it in the Lukas player, and I've also confirmed it with VLC.

JEGobjj.png

OK, If user manual says 32GB can record 7hours, - it means around 10Mbps bit-rate. Not the best specs, but for sure for 99$ including all technical data it is good value for money.

At the moment only 17 left in stock at that price. I wonder how quickly they will be sold.

At the moment only 17 left in stock at that price. I wonder how quickly they will be sold.

There were 19 left when I checked this morning. lol

Dont these pack a samsung sensor or is that the LK-7200 ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VIIVIIIXIII Dash Cam Reviews 2
Back