Lukas player GPS

johnf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read a post or 2 about this, but can't remember the cause - if I click the 'information' button on the player, right hand side, I do get the GPS window, with a smaller file list above it. The map, however, switches back and forth between the correct location to a map in Korea (I assume). It switches back and forth every few seconds.

Anything for me to try? Thanks,

John F

Is it "driver info"? I think that's the one that shows the driver info records. Somewhere in settings you can set the frequency that it stores driver info (1 minute to 5 minutes?). Come to think of it, did they create a new folder for that? In any event you can see the "info" in the viewer. I suspect that what you will find is some filled in driver info records/lines and some that are blank. Implies that your GPS reception is spotty. If there is no gps info the map window will show Korea.

Sounds like your loosing your gps signal on the camera as it defaults to a Korean location if no gps information is available :( you can see this if you open the player and click the information with out any video's listed, you may have to get in touch with the reseller.

The GPS certainly seems to be working - I've never seen the speed not be displayed (alternating with the time). In the player software, it constantly shows 6-9 satellites, and latitude and longitude seem to always be correct. Every 4 seconds (sometimes 5) the player map will change between Korea and the correct map. It is too consistant for my liking - weird. Hmm, now that I think of it, the map changes (4-5 seconds apart) are about the same as the duration of the speed being shown on the display and the time. I'm assuming that the speed and time should alternate while moving? Speed and time are what I have selected in the GPS setting. Any more ideas?

What is the dot on the display at sometimes is present between numbers of the speed?

On mine, the speed displays when moving. The time displays when stopped.

The dot that flashes about once every three seconds between digits near the upper right of the display indicates that the voice recording is active.
Ed

On mine, the speed displays when moving. The time displays when stopped.

The dot that flashes about once every three seconds between digits near the upper right of the display indicates that the voice recording is active.
Ed

Hmmm, that is what I was afraid of - mine shows alternating time / speed, and that is why the GPS alternates between Korea and me. Any ideas what to try to fix this? Maybe reload firmware? I did load 29 but never even tried it before that.

Back