Lukas total trip error

Ipol

Reaction score
Country
France
Dash Cam
Lukas LK7900. V2000GS dual front and rear dashcam
Ever since I purchased my Lukas LK7900 ace I have had an ongoing problem with the total mph/kph indicator not showing the correct distance travelled,some other members have also reported the same problem. Lukas have been very cooperative in constantly trying to resolve the issue and over the last two weeks have sent me a pre-release version AC27 plus viewer version 1.8.0.0 Today after several amendments to the AC27 firmware I think the problem is finally resolved. Initial tests this morning seem to show the mph/kph trip meter is now running correctly, this afternoon I will be running tests using the LK7900 and the GS2000 side by side to check that the figures correspond. I also have a samsung galaxy tab2 with an android HUD display as a third reference point. I will post the results later once I review the video footage. Regards to all Ipol.

One big sigh of relief the latest firmware has resolved the incorrect total distance travelled problem. I am not sure when Lukas will release the firmware Ac27 and new viewer1.8.0.0 but I am profoundly grateful to them for sending a pre-release version plus several amendments over the last couple of weeks.It came as a nice birthday present as I turned 75 two days ago. Regards to all Ipol one happy man :D

Ipol said:
One big sigh of relief the latest firmware has resolved the incorrect total distance travelled problem. I am not sure when Lukas will release the firmware Ac27 and new viewer1.8.0.0 but I am profoundly grateful to them for sending a pre-release version plus several amendments over the last couple of weeks.It came as a nice birthday present as I turned 75 two days ago. Regards to all Ipol one happy man :D

Happy birthday old and wise one. Glad to see you made it to that milestone. What's your secret to longevity?

Hi Al Drake.........old yes cant deny that......wise....now thats open to question, cant put my finger on any secret though maybe its the occasional glass (or two) of good red wine, keeping occupied and the lovely french lady who is the light of my life......On topic I sent Lukas a three minute sample video showing the correct mileage log.Hopefully when we get back home this evening I will have an acknowledgement from Lukas, i will keep everyone up to date as developments unfold. Regards to all Ipol

Ipol said:
Hi Al Drake.........old yes cant deny that......wise....now thats open to question, cant put my finger on any secret though maybe its the occasional glass (or two) of good red wine, keeping occupied and the lovely french lady who is the light of my life......On topic I sent Lukas a three minute sample video showing the correct mileage log.Hopefully when we get back home this evening I will have an acknowledgement from Lukas, i will keep everyone up to date as developments unfold. Regards to all Ipol

Thanks to you we should have the next version of firmware. We owe you and I for one am grateful.

Thanks Ipol.

@ Al Drake Its what this site is all about......helping one and other, thanks for the reputation point its much appreciated. Lukas have sent a lovely Email IE many thanks for all your input etc .....I was under the impression that they were assisting me in resolving the ongoing issues.They also informed me that they will soon be releasing the latest firmware and viewer which will be great for everyone. Ipol

Ipol said:
@ Al Drake Its what this site is all about......helping one and other, thanks for the reputation point its much appreciated. Lukas have sent a lovely Email IE many thanks for all your input etc .....I was under the impression that they were assisting me in resolving the ongoing issues.They also informed me that they will soon be releasing the latest firmware and viewer which will be great for everyone. Ipol

It's always a pleasure to see you posting and deserve a point from everyone in the LUKAS section. Are you elsewhere on other forums? I was thinking of joining ButtBook. :lol:

@ Al Drake just checked out buttbook.. :lol: at my age its not good for the old ticker.....its not for me :mrgreen: I do however use Techmoans forum and have posted a few comments there.I am waiting for the lukas LK7500 FHD REAL with OBD2 connection to arrive on the western market. It looks very promising I will certainly be purchasing one when it is released. Ipol

Ipol said:
@ Al Drake just checked out buttbook.. :lol: at my age its not good for the old ticker..... Ipol

That's an old wives tale. Told by guess who? Old wives..............

Back