Lurker signed up

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front A119 , Rear A119S v1
Hi All,

Been reading the forum with great interest On and Off, mainly ON recently so decided to sign up.

Had a dash cam for about 2 months and it went nipples up recently, luckily I returned it back to the store I bought it from with no issues. Was a Thinkware X330, wasnt bad, but after a recent flash update it started to reboot all the time, wasnt memory card as I changed that.

So now looking for another budget cam, after watching the videos and reading, it seems the A119 might be a good "no brainer" buy for me. Albeit, doubling up on the funds could bring me a Street Guardian version, but I cannot justify the premium. Probably get two A119 one for front and one for back of truck if the first one appears to work okay for me.

Last thread I was reading was about fake a119 cams, and to purchase from firms that participate in this place. But it looks like Spytec does not have any in stock. The other two vendors are in the far east, and one other called bluesky or something or another I am unsure of. Anyways, first world problem that, thanks for having me.

Fake A118 is a thing, there are no copy A119 at this time so that's a pretty safe purchase, I'd suggest purchasing locally regardless for better support

if Spytec don't have stock try @CaptureYourAction he's a reliable seller that does that model

Albeit, doubling up on the funds could bring me a Street Guardian version, but I cannot justify the premium.

How do they compare?
IMX322 vs OV4689 right?

@Limeybastard
I do have a few left. Ordering more this week, but Viofo won't have stock until around the 10th. I wouldn't see the new batch til about a week after that. They have been selling well.

@Limeybastard
I do have a few left. Ordering more this week, but Viofo won't have stock until around the 10th. I wouldn't see the new batch til about a week after that. They have been selling well.
Yes , i had to navigate Amazon under offers tab to see you as a seller. Showing stock. Shall I order now or wait for next batch, meaning perhaps revision hardware update possibly. ?

Sent from my SM-G928T

Yes , i had to navigate Amazon under offers tab to see you as a seller. Showing stock. Shall I order now or wait for next batch, meaning perhaps revision hardware update possibly. ?

Sent from my SM-G928T
The only difference will be the firmware version. There are no hardware changes that I'm aware of. If you wanted, I could update camera to latest version before shipping. You can order through Amazon or through the CaptureYourAction website. You can use Amazon Payments on the CYA website as well if you wanted to.

The only difference will be the firmware version. There are no hardware changes that I'm aware of. If you wanted, I could update camera to latest version before shipping. You can order through Amazon or through the CaptureYourAction website. You can use Amazon Payments on the CYA website as well if you wanted to.
Thanks, just ordered it from your Amazon page. Wasnt sure whether to get it with GPS or not since that option wasnt available. But no worries, it's a ten dollar option can be bought later.

Don't worry about the firm Ware update, I'll do that myself. Need to learn lol. If all goes well I'll get another for the wifes car .

Sent from my SM-G928T

Thanks, just ordered it from your Amazon page. Wasnt sure whether to get it with GPS or not since that option wasnt available. But no worries, it's a ten dollar option can be bought later.

Don't worry about the firm Ware update, I'll do that myself. Need to learn lol. If all goes well I'll get another for the wifes car .

Sent from my SM-G928T
The GPS mount is available in a separate listing. It should state that in the A119 listing. If you go to my Amazon store (or just search Amazon for A119 GPS mount) you should see it. There is a shipping charge if ordered later (by itself). It ships for free when ordered with the A119. If you want the GPS mount, you can order it separately now and I will refund the shipping charge since I can still ship it with the A119. Thanks for your order!

The GPS mount is available in a separate listing. It should state that in the A119 listing. If you go to my Amazon store (or just search Amazon for A119 GPS mount) you should see it. There is a shipping charge if ordered later (by itself). It ships for free when ordered with the A119. If you want the GPS mount, you can order it separately now and I will refund the shipping charge since I can still ship it with the A119. Thanks for your order!
Thanks. I'm gonna go without GPS for this one. Although the GPS mount appears to make removal and wiring tidy and easier.

Sent from my SM-G928T

Thanks. I'm gonna go without GPS for this one. Although the GPS mount appears to make removal and wiring tidy and easier.

Sent from my SM-G928T
I ship all the A119's with a 90 degree adapter to make the install a little neater. See pic below.

Attachments

• 31o7GCh4ajL.jpg
    31o7GCh4ajL.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 7
Back