'M'(menu)button does not work

kirkules

Reaction score
Country
United States
Black Box G1W-C / I get no response from pressing M button(Menu), on camera top. I've reset numerous times. Plugged into Mac, I got the MASS STORAGE/CAMERA option without pressing 'M'. Plugged into cigar lighter or usb AC outlet, I get no response from pressing 'M'. I have tried pressing 'M' button with SD card in and out to no avail. Any ideas, please? Purchased in July, just now setting up.
x
I took the cover off and depressed the M(menu)button in RECORD, PHOTO and PLAYBACK. No luck. It's been suggested that I download different firmware. Any opinions?
x
I have tried pressing the Internal M(menu)button and other buttons(Rec, Mode, arrow-up, arrow-down)at the same time, as suggested, to no avail. Any help, please?

Last edited:
I just purchased a G1W-C as well (which turned out to be a G1W instead). When I got it, the mode button as well as the record button wouldnt work. I decided to take it apart and fix it myself rather than deal with a return process. When I opened it, not only did I find the problem, but I also found that it had a battery installed instead of the capacitor. The issue with the buttons were caused by the alignment pins that hold the main board in place for assembly. The pins do not align correctly so they hold the board up higher than designed. This misaligns the buttons on the case with the buttons on the board. If your willing to take it apart you should be able to see what I'm talking about. If your not too handy, you should probably just return it.

Back