M2 Discussion

Same here and its really slow, not like one of the faster reasons.
Have made me feel feelings i wasent aware i was able to feel, outside of frustration of course.
One thing is for sure had i been in her place i would have ended it long ago cuz the life she have now that's not even close to what i call life.
And i have always been aware of this feeling of mine, and hardware / plan wise it have been prepared since i was 20 or so.

Sorry to hear that, it's always sad to hear how fragile we as a being in fact are.... and I guess no matter how long it takes, it's never enough to prepare oneself for the final moment, that's for sure.

Well, despite we don't know how long mom has left (doc's won't predict anything), we're just lucky to see the hormone treatment to lower the activity of the bad guys a bit, but as it is now, once spread in the bones, there's no way back. Although she's not the kinda girl to give up so easy, I'm not so sure she'll go for chemo, once that's the only thing left.... you know, just to squeeze out a few more months in agony.... She and I know I wouldn't blame her, we had a great life, even with all it's misery poored out on us (OK, no details), weather by means of bad choices or vicious other people.

Sorry, don't want to be a neg, but life is a gift that keeps bringing us down every single f_)*^@!%$# time, over and over again.....

That's why we gamble, drink, bully, fight in wars, cheat, and ............ have hobbies, right?

OMG, I'm a downer, DJ out.

There may be something new around the corner that sparks your interest later in the year ;)
Perhaps Aukey will make a mobius-style camera? They have been busy lately making gopro-style action cameras and wedge-type dashcams....

My M2 have given up, only work on external power, internal battery look just fine not one bit bloated, on battery = no response or light in LED's - connecting to PC just fine can change and save settings - not able to update firmware.
Footage now look like this.
M2.jpg

My M2 have given up, only work on external power, internal battery look just fine not one bit bloated, on battery = no response or light in LED's - connecting to PC just fine can change and save settings - not able to update firmware.
Footage now look like this.
View attachment 37925
Could be CMOS sensor fault.

yes. today it only recorded 60 seconds or so okay footage, then it change to this, for a few first seconds in every segment movement in the "picture" but then it change to static with this same look to it.

I did get my M2 wet in the beginning but it worked fine after that.

Have you tried a different battery? It may look OK but still be defective.
Have you been using it recently, or has it been resting for a while?

It have seen irregular use the past months, the battery also worked fine then, this is a very sudden thing.
I have other little lipos ( 100 - 600 MAH ) i can try but haven't yet as it demand some wire cutting and soldering as those batteries have a little larger plug on them.

But i am sure even if i got a battery going the result will be as the stuff it record now on external power.

That frame gram was from a file on my desktop, on my PC it have never been a problem playing back from the M2 memory card in my card reader, not even H.265 files

comp.jpg

And this should still suffice, though it is on a update path that will result in all but my DVD burner - case - keybord - pump - fans - radiator - mouse - headset - OS will change.

New comp = ryzen 2 - 2800x / 16 Gb ram ( to start with ) RX580 GFX card ( 8GB ) that is if my bank still want to play ball with me ;)

My M2 have been taken apart to have a look inside, but that was long ago, and then tonight to take a peek at the battery.

My M2 (Kernel 1.0.6, rootfs 1.10, firmware v2.14) is not recording anymore.

I try to run it as a dashcam with a capacitor. I've set it to auto record on external power and I am able to set which video mode it defaults to, but the LED only ever indicates that the camera is on standby. Even manually pressing the record button is not working. No video files are written on the SD card (64GB Samsung Evo) and I've reformatted the card multiple times with Rufus and incamera and wrote the parameters, both with msetup and manually.

Any ideas?

I have something similar with M2, its about a year old but very lightly used, with battery.

I noticed that it wont switch modes, nor record, only standby (on).
I format the card using GUIformat, and only then, first time, it can change modes, and when I click record, it recors 3-4 seconds video and shuts down. Next time it powers up it's back to not record.

I tried 3 different SD cards.
I found no solution, will send it back.

Last edited:
It's unlikely to be your pc. I have however, had experience of playback failure trying to stream from usb as usb is not always fast enough to handle HD vid streams depending on the data rate. Usually though, it manifests itself as lots of buffering or a refusal to play more than a corrupted stream although I suppose the difference might be the actual size of the bottleneck. The solution is to copy the file locally as mentioned above.

That said, this doesn't look like a streaming issue to me. Dashmallows suggestion of trying to re-seat the ribbon cable is a good one. Also, if there's any way to perform a factory reset on the camera either through a biro operated push button or though the connected software, then that might be worth a try.

Back