Magenta Flash Issue

What i have been doing.
C3linse3.jpg

C3lens2.jpg

C3_lens1.jpg

I take it that you were having problems similar to mine.

So mine has stopped working again. Last time I used it yesterday it was working perfectly. Got it out today to put it in the car and it no longer works, brought it back inside to test it and nothing.

I've updated the firmware, GUI multiple times just like last time and still nothing. Starting to make me think it is the recording unit, since I've also tried a different SD card in it.

I still have the magenta flashes, there seem to be little i can try to make them go avay, and wiggeling the camera wire at the camera or main unit dont allow me to make the flashes happen.

So for now the C3 RockThinking was so kind to send to me for free is just undergoing long time "stress" test in my car side window, and there it seem to do fine all things considering.
The only minusses i have with the C3 is the flashes and the some what stiff camera wire which make using the headmount less enjoyable.

PS. it is the capasitor model i have with 90 deg lens.

Please could you take a picture down side of the lens module. Contain some soldered electronic parts? Thanx much.

What i have been doing.
C3linse3.jpg

C3lens2.jpg

C3_lens1.jpg
[/QUO

@ROOOOM I will be able to do that later today when i have been out for a drive :)

@ROOOOM I will be able to do that later today when i have been out for a drive :)

I appreciate it a lot .... I intend to use the lens for hidden installation minimizing PCB. :cool:

No problem M8 i will go on and delete the photos again some time later today.
I was going to put them on a file sharing site here in DK, but it seem to have shut down though its a all legal site mostly hosting pictures.

My focus went off ..had to open...
just add note
short pin is on the side with "NO" components..

Kamkar..can you ad that to your pic?

so is there an approved fix for the magenta flash known issue? on my c3 with the wide-angle lens, i get 10-15 flashes on each video segment which makes the video unusable for any serious work. probably ok for just an ordinary dash cam but i went for a ride on my motorcycle on a beautiful day and it completely ruined a nice video especially with the two quick flashes in a row (within a couple of seconds). i've tried different settings to no avail, perhaps the narrow-angle lens is better? hopefully there is a software update fix forthcoming because the c3 capacitor-version is ideal for my sportbike and i really like this camera.

so is there an approved fix for the magenta flash known issue? on my c3 with the wide-angle lens, i get 10-15 flashes on each video segment which makes the video unusable for any serious work. probably ok for just an ordinary dash cam but i went for a ride on my motorcycle on a beautiful day and it completely ruined a nice video especially with the two quick flashes in a row (within a couple of seconds). i've tried different settings to no avail, perhaps the narrow-angle lens is better? hopefully there is a software update fix forthcoming because the c3 capacitor-version is ideal for my sportbike and i really like this camera.

Give me your address, we will send you free narrow lens for try.

Ok thanks, I have sent you my address using the conversation function in this forum. Let me know if you don't get it, I can then send it by email as well.

good to report that i am not seeing the magenta flash issue when using the narrow lens like i did when using the wide-angle lens. makes the c3 alot better performance so i'm happy. thanks rock!

Hi all, first time here and first of all I want to thank Rock big time for his generous help with sending issues!

I also have the magenta flashes, I checked pins, cleaned them, reassembled but nothing changed.
when I read the post it looks like there could be different issues:
connector in lens (120?)
camera
SD card

Is there anything else I can try to solve this problem?

The flashes issue happens due to the connection inside of lens.
It is hardware issue, we have been tried many ways, but still happens.

@Dre i am sure Rock is still hard at work on this problem, i just make do which is easy as i just use a little footage from the C3 now and then.
But offcourse if you do a little more serious work with the C3 its annoying.
If i come up with other things to try i will rapport my experiences here.

Hi there, please could somenone help me with C3 lense dismantle? I can not take out lens module for focusing it slightly moves circular but thats all.

Module went broken by rotating in the clip which is too tight. :(

So thank you for any advice.
y4m5lSpn120ldgpllPkOsyjOCdCwsH58v7te8upc4mdehpmenENl7-MOiyMA4EEC-MgzTdNJ2DxnZ5OHfUYO3QUlThmLt7A6vrOGQtEImaUTGlDF3vQ38ROlyxAxtTWSXBunCY12vmipJwgEetGeHP5PVr25qzSQ5Bcg_Zgs8uT40oO0N44o1V9pDL1pYeqxY7FRkT1x7llQ_lyMSIuxxVnFA

y4mUis4Pkd655iBy_HlJ3v7odJ7sZtAB4cycBgqLgIi4hu4Yf6G7uzv5GEn8SnZVieXi3-gl-t8HCgTESNK-5yvl0Z3ZpC83F052VQdjHuA3mYZDv7v-iXLs9EWxn-wyzJSPJSUDk1YnyUEYy7bGAH71ynUkemBwZaSZJ11c5tSHN13j79mSv3S6AW8nVfG7_nh_zeL6h9J_pauwXnCi3op0g

Back