Maniacal trucker blows air horn to disrupt unsafe/illegal lane change

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Slow traffic backups are pretty annoying to a heavy truck, you have to keep shifting up and down 3-4 gears.
(Something I know is a foreign concept to most US drivers.)

This Acura was using the lane to the right to bypass most of the backup, and jumped in front of me.
Two minutes or so, she lost patience, and decided to go back to the exit lane she was in to start with, where the traffic was moving pretty fast. I blew the horn just as she started her incursion.....and she kind of freaked out. I don't think it shows up on the video, but after stomping on the brakes, she ratchet-necked looking for the big, speeding truck, that honked at her right before he was going to crush her.
:)

Thats a pretty tame area, here you would have at least a dozen cars cutting up there.

Cleveland area, was in NYC yesterday, but didn't have the days required to edit the dash cam files. :)

I always "analyze" erratic drivers' behavior through their mirrors and body language to see if it's ok to honk at them, or I can end up with either a scared driver or a nut case in front of me. ;):cool:

Back