Manually locked files deleted?

Daniel.dxr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Been using the A119S (firmware 2.1) with two SD cards. Had some files locked on both of them through the camera menu (not emergency button). Now they are gone, on both of them. Cannot imagine accidentally deleting them on both cards. Noticed the action of adding the "key" on a file puts a read-only attribute to the file. For now I will leave a "bait" locked file to see if the problem repeats and move important files to RO folder.
Anyone had similar issues?

Been using the A119S (firmware 2.1) with two SD cards. Had some files locked on both of them through the camera menu (not emergency button). Now they are gone, on both of them. Cannot imagine accidentally deleting them on both cards. Noticed the action of adding the "key" on a file puts a read-only attribute to the file. For now I will leave a "bait" locked file to see if the problem repeats and move important files to RO folder.
Anyone had similar issues?
Did you format the card at some point?

And the missing files (locked by the g-sensor) are not in the RO folder where they should be? Odd!

Files in the RO folder are OK. It's the files marked as locked after the recording through the playback menu (as in Stop rec>Pres <!> button>select a file>press <mic> button? => key appears on the file). Those files remain in the Movie folder.

Just thinking out loud here but it sounds like it may be a bug in the F/W not recognizing the 'read-only' attribute for a file that's not in the RO folder. A possible second bug where it's not moving a manually locked file to the RO folder.

Ahh, I misunderstood what you meant. Could be a FW bug. I have never manually locked files that way before.

Just thinking out loud here but it sounds like it may be a bug in the F/W not recognizing the 'read-only' attribute for a file that's not in the RO folder. A possible second bug where it's not moving a manually locked file to the RO folder.

yes most likely a bug, these files should just get moved to the RO folder

maybe @viofo can confirm that it is a bug and the files should have been moved to RO folder instead of just having read-only attribute applied...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L A119S 16
Back