Memory Cards

Garrett

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just installed the DR650s-2ch and was thinking about upgrading the memory card to a larger capacity.

Anyone know of a good reliable brand (128gb) that isn't outrageously priced?

Blackvue wants $180+ for a 128gb card!!

Just installed the DR650s-2ch and was thinking about upgrading the memory card to a larger capacity.

Anyone know of a good reliable brand (128gb) that isn't outrageously priced?

Blackvue wants $180+ for a 128gb card!!

Put "Memory cards" into the search box and have a read through the threads there are heaps about memory cards from about every second day

Put "Memory cards" into the search box and have a read through the threads there are heaps about memory cards from about every second day
I have done that and didn't find any third party 128gb card that is recommended for this camera.

Can anyone who has a 128gb card that works and has been working for a min of 6 months, please let us know details of the card.

Having said that, I don't hold out much hope as this particular forum appears to be dead.

Challenge is even if someone reports success with a particular type of card there's no guarantee that the card is still the same, they do change often

Challenge is even if someone reports success with a particular type of card there's no guarantee that the card is still the same, they do change often
It could get expensive trying the different cards.

I have been using a Blackvue 64gb card with my old dr650gw 2ch, however, that unit just failed and I upgraded to a DR650S-2CH and it will take a 128gb card.

$189.00 for a Blackvue 128gb card is to rich for me, makes the total for the unit a whopping $739.00.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Should this one work?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132009682675

Well against all recommendations I have several 128Gb Sandisk cards Have had them for nearly 2 years and havent had any troubles.

Sandisk Ultra 128gb UHS-I/class10 SDXC and a Samsung 128 EVO class 10 Also have a plain black Sandisk 128gb that works Ok but using it in a camera ATM

Others will rubbish Sandisk but I must be lucky All are working in cameras that are only supposed to run up to 32Gb cards as well.

Would NEVER buy cards off Ebay or Gumtree in Aus as 90% would be fake. Bought some cheap Samsungs which I reckoned would be fakes and they were. Seller is discussing options with Mr Plod.

I got mine from Amazon itself as money back guarantee Wouldnt buy from 2nd tier Amazon sellers either such as "sold by Amazon supplied by ????????"

I have bought a
Samsung 128GB EVO Plus Class 10 80MB/s Micro SD Micro SDXC Memory Card UHS-I

Yea, from an ebay seller in Australia named "Shopping Square" " apusexpress2 ".

A bit of research told me that this ebay seller was pretty genuine, however, I have told them the card will be checked and not to bother sending me a fake.

I guess I just have to wait and then test it, if it doesn't work right, I will have to bite the bullet and get a Blackvue 128gb.

I can't understand why some cards work in one unit and the same card won't work in the exact same unit?

I have bought a
Samsung 128GB EVO Plus Class 10 80MB/s Micro SD Micro SDXC Memory Card UHS-I

Yea, from an ebay seller in Australia named "Shopping Square" " apusexpress2 ".

A bit of research told me that this ebay seller was pretty genuine, however, I have told them the card will be checked and not to bother sending me a fake.

I guess I just have to wait and then test it, if it doesn't work right, I will have to bite the bullet and get a Blackvue 128gb.

I can't understand why some cards work in one unit and the same card won't work in the exact same unit?

Did you read their feedback I wouldnt touch them with a bargepole

Turned out that these crooks didn't have stock, now waiting for a refund.

I guess that the safest option is to buy a Blackvue card, however, how can they justify the $189.99AU price?

Is there any cheaper option?

I bought a Kingston micro sd class 10 32gb with Yi Car Dvr in a package from the same seller on Aliexpress and so far(3 months) works fine.Didn't even format her with PC,only put sd card in dashcam format for first time when dashcam asks and works fine for now.

I have just been told that except for scandisk, you can use most brands of sd cards in the lower capacity units, it's the 64 and 128gb units that are sensitive to the type of card.

All the info from dedicated card retailers is that, only Blackvue 64 and 128gb cards are certain to work and that if you don't use them, there could be warranty problems down the track.

From what I've seen, BlackBoxMyCar is the recommended US-based retailer for the DR-650S-2CH IR. This is because they honor the warranty and will represent the Korean manufacturer in the US. Their recommendation is not to go above a 64 GB Micro SD card, when operating in dual channel mode. They say that, although the camera supports up to 128 GB capacity, operating above 64 GB will lead to error messages. This is specifically mentioned in their review video.

Perhaps some of you have already found reliable alternatives to the BlackVue OEM. You just need to try a capacity of 64 GB or lower.

I am also in the market for such a card. On Amazon, the SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card is the #1 Bestseller, at $22 USD. Almost 23,000 reviews with a 4.5/5.0 rating. I need a really good reason to buy the $80 USD BlackVue skew instead.

I use Kingston 128gb cards. I have two that I picked up on Amazon for around $70/$80 each. Been using these since Feb 2015. I'm plenty happy with them!

I'm using a Lexar 633x 125GB which is working superb.

All the info from dedicated card retailers is that, only Blackvue 64 and 128gb cards are certain to work and that if you don't use them, there could be warranty problems down the track.
Do they state something official about that?
Is the card type ‘trackable’?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T DR650S-2CH IR 14
Back