Mexico to trump Japan as No. 2 car exporter to US

If only that would bring some Chevrolet Tornados to the USA

Just drive down and buy one, it's safe :p
I was tempted, but there is so much Red Tape to get through to even try insurance and plate it keeping it us legal.

I would get rid of my Camaro and my other car in a second if I could buy a Ute with a little power under the hood.

I was tempted, but there is so much Red Tape to get through to even try insurance and plate it keeping it us legal.

I would get rid of my Camaro and my other car in a second if I could buy a Ute with a little power under the hood.
I'm not sure this that. I think it's built on a small car here called the Aveo, which isn't that great and is built elsewhere. At 107 bhp it's also no powerhouse.

The Aveo compact car is sold here and I have herd all bad things.
I've been dying for a Holden UTE for years. It's not looking good even more so that a Holden built Chevy SS just bursts into flames recently.

It was the strobe lights they fitted on the roof that caused the fire apparently
I wasn't aware of that jokiin. I'm a little relived. I hold a small hope that if the Holden VF Commodore based Chevy SS does well they talked about the possibility of the Wagon version coming over, and then what could only be next but the UTE?

I'm sure it also helps that last time i read (last year) GM’s president of North American operations is Mark Reuss who was former director of Holden. He has also talked about bringing the UTE state side.

Last edited by a moderator:
By all accounts the VF is a great car, there's some interesting videos on it released by Holden that are worth a look, the one where they demonstrate the launch control in the manual is worth watching

Back