MG Zs Ev & 622GW

Dazz_4130

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a MG ZS EV which has a usb port next to the rear view mirror I'm thinking of getting a nextbase 622GW to connect to that usb port but I beleave this port is only live whilst the car is on not 100% sure, so my question is would it still pick up movement and bumps if I was away from the car for x amount of time and would it forget any setting I put into it for recording etc. Or would I need to hard wire it into the fuse box?

TIA Dazz

Plug something in and test it ?

I don't know the answer, but if you have to hardwire it, this video is very detailed:

Hope you have read up a bit on your dashcam choices.

I don't know the answer, but if you have to hardwire it, this video is very detailed:

Hope you have read up a bit on your dashcam choices.
Great will look into it, as for dash cam I'm looking at 622GW but feel free to give me feed back if there's better on the market

TIA

Great will look into it, as for dash cam I'm looking at 622GW but feel free to give me feed back if there's better on the market

TIA
I would need to know a bit more about your requirements, such as do you actually require parking mode and cloud access, before recommending anything else.

For feedback on the 622GW, there is a sub forum with plenty of feedback, plus the dashcamtalk summary which you should read:

Overall Nextbase seem to have a few issues to be aware of, especially with batteries, which for me rules them out, I want a dashcam to last the life of the car, not 18 months!

Can you keep us informed on your installation please, we don't have much information about the MG ZS, although they seem to be getting quite popular and everyone seems to like them. Being an EV it may be a bit different to normal but nobody seems to be reporting issues with installation.

We did have a recent similar post. The result of that was that the power to the auto dimming rearview mirror area was only active with the mirror, ie ignition on, assuming the MG has an auto dimming rvm ?

I would need to know a bit more about your requirements, such as do you actually require parking mode and cloud access, before recommending anything else.

For feedback on the 622GW, there is a sub forum with plenty of feedback, plus the dashcamtalk summary which you should read:

Overall Nextbase seem to have a few issues to be aware of, especially with batteries, which for me rules them out, I want a dashcam to last the life of the car, not 18 months!

Can you keep us informed on your installation please, we don't have much information about the MG ZS, although they seem to be getting quite popular and everyone seems to like them. Being an EV it may be a bit different to normal but nobody seems to be reporting issues with installation.
Yeah will let you know how it goes, after doing a bit of research last night i can piggy back a live feed from one of the electric windows fuses to the usb port fuse to give that constant live I need. So I can still pick up movment whilst away from the car. Which I'm after. :)

Yeah will let you know how it goes, after doing a bit of research last night i can piggy back a live feed from one of the electric windows fuses to the usb port fuse to give that constant live I need. So I can still pick up movment whilst away from the car. Which I'm after. :)
Yes, the fuses were shown in the second part of that video I linked to.
Would be interesting to know if there is any permanent power near the mirror, but piggybacking the fuses is probably a safer and neater solution anyway.

I'm wondering if the new MG4 is based on the ZS in terms of electrics, or did they do something new?

MG4%20EV%20032.jpg

Back