Micro SD Card & Sharpness question

The use of high endurance cards is real .. I have one on order. But you can decide .. replace a cheaper card several times or buy a better card. It is not about anything other than the memory technology used in those cards.
Or the other alternative - buy a bigger normal card for the same cost as the small high endurance card, then you get the extended lifetime plus extended time on the loop recording. I think in most cases this is currently the best option.

My DR900S is being delivered soon. I'll use the included 16GB SD card at first but want to get a larger one. Which brands/types are people successfully using with their DR900s, i.e., generic or high endurance or Blackvue?

I noticed the Amazon 3-star review complaining about generic SanDisk and Samsung SD cards not working for him. The official Blackvue 128GB cards are not much more than the "high endurance" Samsung, but for 64GB there's a bit of a price differential so I'm tempted to first try my luck with the SanDisk high endurance 64GB ($30 vs. $70). But if Blackvue cards are really all that great (even though they only warranty them for 6 months!) then I'll just go with them.

I use Samsung Evo 128gb U3 and Sandisk 32gb U3 - both working fine and the same. I noticed a diference in reading between the Macbook air and iMac with iMac being more seemless when viewing on Blackvue viewer. All good on mp4 player.

I tried a SanDisk Ultra 128gb U1 10 and it failed. Reformatted twice in the DR900S and twice in the Viewer. Seems to format ok both ways but fails to record. I contacted BlackVue Support and they said they DO NOT recommend SanDisk microSD cards for video. Your experience may differ but I do not plan on buying any more SanDisks for the 900. They work fine in my Nikon camera so it's likely a issue with BlackVue not SanDisk.

I tried a SanDisk Ultra 128gb U1 10 and it failed. Reformatted twice in the DR900S and twice in the Viewer. Seems to format ok both ways but fails to record. I contacted BlackVue Support and they said they DO NOT recommend SanDisk microSD cards for video. Your experience may differ but I do not plan on buying any more SanDisks for the 900. They work fine in my Nikon camera so it's likely a issue with BlackVue not SanDisk.
Was it the A1 stamped model?

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc. Past the OS program sdspeed, no errors.

I'll check it with the h2testw program when I get a chance on my MS-Dos machine but I doubt it's a fake. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

I'll check it with the h2testw program when I get a chance on my MS-Dos machine but I doubt it's a fake. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Bkackvue are fussy with cards due to the way they do their firmware, the card may be perfectly fine but still have issues if used in a Blackvue camera

I have several of those cards working in my 750 and 450 cameras and apart from when i left car with rear camera in direct sun on a 34C day on Wednesday havent had any troubles

Camera was too hot and although it said check SD card it actually recorded ok which surprised me a bit

Other cards are Samsung Evo ( not the fastest ones) and have used them for at least 3 years without problems in Queenslands summers

The Sandisk Ultra128gb are only $49 in Aus atm

Back