Micro SD cards and H2testw results

Also know as a steroid card, pumped up to something its not. :D
And usually it break at a young age and things start to fall off.

Yes the card should perform a lot better.

maybe its the software / hardware that don't like each other.
Have you tried other drive benchmark software ?

Too bad we are so far apart or i could have tested it for you in my reader, there is definitely something fishy here with the speeds you see.

Speeds will be variable based on your computer hardware specs.

On laptops, those SD card readers can have varying results due to:
1. data-links speed of the bus between reader and mobo
2. reader speed (standard pci compliant)
3. most laptops have low-end quality readers, often just on a USB hub internally.

USB 3.0 card readers (a good one) should be used for benchmarking. Maybe if there was a standard one used for these tests (I have a few such as the Kingston MobileLite G4 which is pretty reasonably priced)?

True. Beside my kid sister i don't even know a person that use a laptop, but truth be told i know pretty few ppl these days.

Im using a kingston USB 3.0 reader ( FRC-HS4 )

kingston-fcrhs4-1-550x550.jpg

Been a while since i build this computer, but it can hold its own even against 4K footage if need be, and its not so old it don't have at least a couple of USB 3.0 ports on the back.

DIY as good as my long time hobby case modding can do, but i don't run overclock on it, or that in not more than the Intel chip do on its own when i trow a little load at it, and it have to crunch numbers for a good while before my water pump and fans start to spin up to slightly annoying sound levels.

Reactions: RLS
True. Beside my kid sister i don't even know a person that use a laptop, but truth be told i know pretty few ppl these days.

Im using a kingston USB 3.0 reader ( FRC-HS4 )

Been a while since i build this computer, but it can hold its own even against 4K footage if need be, and its not so old it don't have at least a couple of USB 3.0 ports on the back.

DIY as good as my long time hobby case modding can do, but i don't run overclock on it, or that in not more than the Intel chip do on its own when i trow a little load at it, and it have to crunch numbers for a good while before my water pump and fans start to spin up to slightly annoying sound levels.

Ah, I am a DIY person too! I do use a Macbook Pro 15 retina (I did iOS coding at one point), and switch to my Razer Blade for Windows-y things. But I build my desktops :D

BTW, I was always under the assumption that the USB 3.0 ports on mobo's were the same...but they aren't... it's kinda like how USB3.0 drives are all different. The controllers are extremely important (ex. Sandisk Extreme Pro USB 3.0 128GB has RIDICULOUS read/write speeds).

I built my desktop with dual liquid cooling (240mm for CPU, 120mm push/pull for GPU) mainly so it would be silent (with silent fans too of course). But I do have to increase speed of the fans when gaming in 4K. My GPU was so annoying since it would hit 94C (R9 290X), so I decided to liquid cool it. Best decision ever for this build. Now the new 1080GTX's look so nice....

i have build my own since a 700 MHZ cpu was kick ass, i even started overclocking on that CPU too.

My case is a large Lian li weighing 3 X more now due to my metalwork inside ( couldn't get hold of ALU plate )

TOO bad i have lost the pics from when the build was new, do not want to take pics of it now as its old and dusty + tubing is a little off as current GFX card is not watercooled and neither is my 32 Gb of ram.

Reactions: RLS
i have build my own since a 700 MHZ cpu was kick ass, i even started overclocking on that CPU too.

My case is a large Lian li weighing 3 X more now due to my metalwork inside ( couldn't get hold of ALU plate )

TOO bad i have lost the pics from when the build was new, do not want to take pics of it now as its old and dusty + tubing is a little off as current GFX card is not watercooled and neither is my 32 Gb of ram.

Aluminum is where it's at now! My friend's case is so much lighter... I have Cooler Master Scout 2 Advanced (pictured below) and also NZXT H440. I was so happy with my updated build from 3+ years ago (i7 3930k). Resisting the urge to make a new build........................

2016-08-04 19.44.14.jpg

Yeah mine is ALU too but just on the flat black structured powder coated outside ( also done by me )
A few bezels and buttons have been polished up and then hit with a thick layer of transparent red color to pop real nice ( allso have red fluid - UV offcourse and red LED lighting )
O and the window, offcourse i put in real glass and not some plastic BS :D

Weight is no problem dropped LAN parties long before i got online, but it may become a issue as i lately have become pretty frightening weak.
So much so doctors say no more working for me, and Danish welfare state say BS we better spend out tax money on some 25 year old junkie than a 50 year old guy that have worked hard since he was 16.

Im afraid i will be living in my small Suzuki car soon :(

Yeah mine is ALU too but just on the flat black structured powder coated outside ( also done by me )
A few bezels and buttons have been polished up and then hit with a thick layer of transparent red color to pop real nice ( allso have red fluid - UV offcourse and red LED lighting )
O and the window, offcourse i put in real glass and not some plastic BS :D

Weight is no problem dropped LAN parties long before i got online, but it may become a issue as i lately have become pretty frightening weak.
So much so doctors say no more working for me, and Danish welfare state say BS we better spend out tax money on some 25 year old junkie than a 50 year old guy that have worked hard since he was 16.

Im afraid i will be living in my small Suzuki car soon :(

I would put the desktop on a stand (that has locking wheels). Good airflow and also a bit more portable. As in the picture, my case had a usable handle, but the 240mm radiator didnt fit inside the case lmao. Sounds like some solid choices for modifications. Mine has red too!

Maybe a modular case that can be disassembled? Lately, I have been looking into external GPU's (well, external PCI-E enclosures). With the throughput of USB 3.1 (thunderbolt 3), it's pretty decent!

Sadly, that is the state of things in the U.S. too. Society encourages many degenerates (no offense to anyone. many of my peers/friends can be classified as *rich* junkies), and then punishes those that have worked so hard for so long. Society is going towards the "vote for me, I will take care of you" rather than the "enabler mindset" to provide a starting point for people to succeed if they work hard, and then take care of those who need help esp those who have contributed to society for so long. People look at the successful and want to be like them, without wanting to put in the time, effort, blood, etc. Meh.

Hope things get better for you. I really hate seeing how society basically discourages real hard work.

p.s. I wouldn't mind living in a car. Especially since I worked my ass off and paid for them myself!

Back