Micro vibrations

JnC

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently got a A261 for my Honda Odyssey, as I wasnt sure when the A119 was coming out. So far I am really happy with my decision. The quality is phenomenal both day and night, built quality is also very impressive. The supplied suction mount does a great job for what its designed for but I am having a very slight issue with micro vibrations.

The odyssey suspension is very soft, all my wheels a properly inflated and balanced. I do mostly high way driving and I have noticed that due to the micro vibrations the license plates get hazy/blurry. For instance if the car is at a stand still I can read a license plate from 5~6 car lengths, if not more, the same can not be said for when I am driving at highway speeds.

The supplied mount is not flimsy or poorly constructed, I just feel a solid/adhesive based mount should take care of the issue, thoughts?

Being that there is not solution available through Ausdom I went ahead and purchased one of the following mounts for the G1W, LS430 camera, I am really hoping it fits the ausdom. Just in case it doesent are there any other mounts available on the market that I can give a shot.

I know to most folks this may be a non issue but to me it is, otherwise the A261 is an all around winner in my book.

The OEM suction cup mount is probably as good as you will get, provided you're inserting it firmly, and the mounting slot or plastic lug are not deformed or worn.
(and you are turning the suction cup tension lever on that mount)

I do prefer standard tripod thread mounts because they give you so many more easy options, though. :(

^^ Thanks for the input, makes sense as the OE mount is very sturdy as it is, I think the camera is having a tuning fork affect where its vibrating/buzzing every so slightly due to its own weight, the base is solid but weight on the bottom is causing it to vibrate. I take any suspended style dashcam would have that affect as well.

I just got myself a A261 for the rear after getting the D201 for the front.
I am also facing the vibration problem for the A261, especially when my aircon compressor kicks in... think i will DIY an additional support to stop the vibration....

Yes an additional apparatus to support/cradle the bottom of the camera would take care of the issue.

Back