MicroSD Card Reader Mode

moe2423

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just bought a VIOFO A119 V2 and I'm already having issues. Everytime i turn on the camera i receive "microsd card reader mode" message and am unable to do anything...

I just bought a VIOFO A119 V2 and I'm already having issues. Everytime i turn on the camera i receive "microsd card reader mode" message and am unable to do anything...
Are you powering the camera via your computers USB port? If so, use a USB wall charger (phone charger).

or SD card reader to access the video on SD card from your computer.

Are you powering the camera via your computers USB port? If so, use a USB wall charger (phone charger).

Ah yes I was. When i plugged it into wall charger, it worked... Thanks. But why does it say that if i plug it into computer usb port?

Does the A119 v2 gps version already have the foam pad installed? Or do I need to remove the gps portion to install the foam pad?

Ah yes I was. When i plugged it into wall charger, it worked... Thanks. But why does it say that if i plug it into computer usb port?
it says you can access your video on a camera just like any other video / files on your computer.

Does the A119 v2 gps version already have the foam pad installed? Or do I need to remove the gps portion to install the foam pad?
you use the foam pads only / when you need it.

I'm having an extremely difficult time removing the glue protector off the 3m sticker... When i try to do so the 3m sticker seems to come off the camera....How do i remove the glue protector?

I'm having an extremely difficult time removing the glue protector off the 3m sticker... When i try to do so the 3m sticker seems to come off the camera....How do i remove the glue protector?
start from a low left corner (if facing forward) and do it slowly.

Can be tricky. Just try to pick at a corner. Try some fine tip tweezers if you have them.

My A119 V2 I bought in 2018 had 1 video on the card. I D/L the new firmware as a fix using my laptop's USB connector. I got the "microsd card reader mode" screen and looked for a solution. It was here on DashCamTalk. I used a outlet USB connecting cable and it worked. Thanks to everyone who offers your much needed advice. It is much appreciated!

Back