MicroSD card unable to stay

Allright, so I took mine apart and removed the speaker from the micro SD card holder. Some of the glue had gotten into the "L" shaped cutout on the mic side of the holder. This is part of the mechanism that holds the card in place. You can see a small metal wire that moves back and forth as you insert and remove the card. Once you insert the card all the way there is a plastic piece underneath the metal wire that also slides back with the card. I tried everything to get it to work, but it still wouldn't click in place.

So, I did a temporary/permanent 'fix' to keep the card in place once fully inserted.

Once you slide the micro SD card in all the way, that plastic piece under the metal wire that slides with the card has a bit of a notch right at the end of the L shaped cutout. If you force the L down and wedge it into the notch it will hold the plastic slider in place and not allow it to eject out. You will not be able to eject the card without first prying up this L shaped piece, so keep in mind you will have to plug in the dash cam via USB to get any files off of it, unless you plan on disassembling the dam cam again just so you can remove the card.

During normal use and bumps, I'm not sure if this L shaped piece will become un-wedged, so I plan on placing a piece of tape over the SD card slot opening so I don't lose the card if it does fling out.

It's not how it's intended to operate, but I'm just happy that the card is staying in place for now. I will report back if I'm having any more issues with it.

I attached a picture showing the L shaped piece wedged down.

Goodluck everyone!

IMG_3609_zpsjslf1yh8.jpg

aww man! had to take it apart again. Realized as soon as you push on the micro SD card it pushes the plastic slider back far enough that the L shaped piece springs back out and then the card won't hold in place anymore. I bent the L shaped piece a little differently so it didn't want to spring back out. I then placed a tiny piece of rolled up electrical tape on top of the L shaped piece (since it is now inset a little), and then another piece of electrical tape over the area to hold it in place.

On the outside, I placed another piece of rolled up electrical tape in the slot and then electrical tape over the slot so it doesn't fling out if it lets go, and to remind me not to touch it. I needed to place the rolled up piece in there first as the last time I tried using tape and the car ejected, it ejected far enough that the micro SD card contacts weren't touching and the cam powered off. At least now if the car ejects, it can't travel as far out.

Will report back if there are any issues.

Last edited:
Dear all, I am so sorry for what you have been through. I was too busy to deal with all the business after the Spring Festival holiday.
Thanks so much for all your concern and helping out, especially @Gibson99 I've informed this SD card insert issue to the manufacture, they replied that they laid the microphone on the SD Card slot to reduce the noise but did not realize that too much glue would caused this problem. They also said that they've paid more attention on this and this batch will not have this problem any more. As for who already received A118C and have the same problem, maybe you can look Gibson99's post, that will help you guys a lot. if you still have the problem, you can just write to our CS or PM me or sunny@gearbest.com. I will always here to help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my A118C today from GB.
Popped in sdcard, tried to eject it, stuck
@#%!#%#!!@#%!# :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Less than 1 min of holding it, I have to open it now.
I hope the power adapter will be ok while we still have cold weather here or else I am just unlucky and should have waited till the quirks are fixed like with cars.

AH!! so frustrated.
Took the glue off, the speaker grill still got stuck on the card slot.
Peeled that off, card still wouldn't eject.
Used tweezer to pull the L arm up. Card comes out.

Tried to clean off the rest of the glue, pop SD card in. Now it won't stay! :mad::mad:

Why does a consumer need to fix a brand new product and run the risk of it still not functioning after the fix.

Why does a consumer need to fix a brand new product and run the risk of it still not functioning after the fix.

I can't agree more. GB initially offered that I get mine fixed locally and they will compensate up to 50% of the item price... No joke. Seriously. They might send me a replacement instead, but still there's no guarantee whether the new one won't be defective or not. So far I'm not impressed.

My bad luck just doesn't end. Been at the card slot for the past 30 mins trying to get it to latch onto the sd card.
At one point it did lock it in, and I tilt camera up slightly and it shot out the sd card at my eye...

My eye is red now...I feel like throwing this in the garbage.

Dear wing0,

I am so sorry for what you have experienced. There were many complain about the SD card slot issue of the 1st batch, but the manufacture declared that they've fixed this problem of the second batch now we are selling. Could you pls PM me your order number, I will help you with this :)

Have a nice day.

Best,
Sunny

Back