Mini 0803 16GB and Invalid files

pki

Reaction score
Country
Finland
I have 0803 16GB GPS model, using internal 16GB memory and have problems every time camera memory is getting full.

Tested now with all different resolutions and quality settings, with/without motion detection and every time my Internal memory is getting 'full' it also corrupts video files.
Recycle is set to 1 minute.

Now cam is again corrupting files, looks that there is free space 00:23:45, using 1920*1080 and Quality: Fine.
Looks that it also broke every single video file and all my recordings are now 'Invalid video'.

Tested with h2testw -> No Errors

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I am also having problems with invalid/corrupt files being written to my external 64 GB sd card. It will record many clips 100% fine, but after a few they all go bad and are unable to be played but still take up space on the card.

I've gone ahead and reformatted my sd card in fat32 and hopes that it will fix it.. I'll report back to tell you if it has.

Since yours is internal, my only suggestion would be to format it through the cam settings.

Thanks, but forgot to say that I have formatted using cam menus.. didn't help.
Never seen that 'Recycle' setting works. Every time memory gets almost full, cam starts to beep and turns off.
After formatting memory or removing all files, it works another couple hours fine... but this would be nice to use if not needed to fix every 2-3 hours.

tried an external card?

Ripped some 2GB memory card from old Nokia phone, this seems to work and recorded to this 2GB card approx 1 hour my desktop using best resolution and quality.
Now filling internal memory with crap and checking again if it fails recording video.

Installed 0803_20140611-GPS-2CARDS firmware now, Nokia 2GB card was tested using 0803_20140804-GPS-1CARD.

Filled internal memory card with crappy videos, left 2gb free space, connected usb povercable and started recording again my desktop.. after 1 hour recording still working fine.
Now wondering why?

Installed firmware 0803_20140812-GPS-2CARDS next day after getting this, now this works using previous firmware.
Maybe firmware 0803_20140611-GPS-2CARDS just works for me... annoying sounds from buttons, but works :)

I am also having problems with invalid/corrupt files being written to my external 64 GB sd card. It will record many clips 100% fine, but after a few they all go bad and are unable to be played but still take up space on the card.

I've gone ahead and reformatted my sd card in fat32 and hopes that it will fix it.. I'll report back to tell you if it has.

Since yours is internal, my only suggestion would be to format it through the cam settings.
Seems like the problem MIGHT be that my camera constantly is switching from the power source to the battery source due to the notorious bad connection these have with the mount. I am thinking that because it is switching so often, or maybe it still has a weak connection, that it is causing problems with the camera writing to the card properly.

So, I went ahead and the did paper shim trick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the paper shim trick, it seems to fit very snug. Hopefully it will not lose connection, and hopefully that is the reason for all the corrupt files! I went ahead and formatted my Samsung 64GB class 10 SD card again in FAT32 and hoping for the best.

Will post back after a few days and update to see if that fixed my problem.

Just an update: found at the entire problem for my "invalid file" error was the SD card!

Turns out, selling fake + counterfeited SD cards on eBay is a big thing! 3 different sellers I bought from sold me counterfeit "Samsung" 64GB cards, which could only hold ~2GB of memory and then the rest of the memory is just fabricated and corrupts all data put onto it.

You can see a video on it here:

The first thing I always do is run any new MicroSD cards through h2testw so you know either way - I also only buy direct from CostCo or Amazon where possible as there's more chance you're not getting to get ripped off and the returns process is simple should you ever need it.

My problems disappeared after firmware downgrade and now internal 16gb memory works fine. Me happy.. :)

Back