Mini 0803 anybody else seen this problem ?

• Thread starter Thread starter rick2014
  • Start date Start date
R

rick2014

Hi all, :)
I've been using a Road runner Dashcam for some time, which I have never had any issues of any sort with.

I recently bought an E-Prance 0803 to enjoy the better video quality, I am having a strange problem and wonder if anyone else has seen it. (Found nothing directly relevant on searching the forum).

It's E-Prance 0803 no GPS no internal memory, from Amazon UK. Firmware FW 20140507 V1.0. 1920x1080 30p. quality Sfine. GPS Off. all else as default.

1/ the DVR starts correctly on vehicle power up flashing blue/red but intermittently does not record/save the first 5 (variable) or so clips. i.e. the first recording label No. is 6 or more than the previous and is 5 to 20 mins from the start of the journey, depending on recycle setting.

2/ intermittently it can then miss several blocks of clip saves during the journey going from say file 20 to 24 therefore dropping 3 saves. Though this does not happen every day

This is annoying because Murphy's law means any incident is bound to happen during a missed clip save.
I have tried several different cards, different manufacture and class, 4,6 & 10 trying both formatted by the camera and also by the pc. with no obvious difference in anything.

There has been no indication that it is due to bad power connection with the base, but having searched the forum I will try direct connection of the USB power lead to the camera itself next time I go out.

In the meantime any ideas ? - please!

Thanks all,
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, seen very similar issues which was due to the SD card being used. (Sandisk class 10 ultra 32 GB)

Class 6 Samsung is recommended.

Thanks to both of you.

@Nigel, do you know if applying the firmware update will invalidate the Amazon guarantee / exchange possibilities.

@ Chief Wiggum, I bought a 32gb Samsung class 6 when I bought the camera as recommended and get the same fault with it, class 4 and class 10 cards of varying make.

Another funny thing I forgot to mention is that it always fails on first use of the day then mainly is OK with very intermittent further fails during the day if any.

It is pi 55 ing down here today so I have not been out to check it with direct to camera power lead connection.
I did wonder if it might be a vibration issue but there are no interruptions in the blue flashing to indicate that.

If it's any consolation, I think I'm having the same issues.

0838.PNG

Mine is e-prance with internal and external memory.
I'd guess its a connection problem, and the battery is flat at the start so can't take over when the power drops out until its got some charge.

I found I was missing parts of the journey in some recordings and the file was corrupting.
I did the shim trick with the base and its been trouble free since
Shim Trick 0803

Given it a few days of testing but as soon as I connected the power cable direct to the camera the initial problem went away. So it looks like it was another base mount problem. I have a fair amount of vibration on the screen which is probably the root cause. The problems came back immediately I re tried connecting via the base.

I have noticed some other odd problems, it started looping, (overwriting the oldest files), when only 12 gig of the 32 gig card had been used, and then it started locking clips all by itself, all very odd.

I’m debating now whether to apply the 0812 firmware upgrade or just return it for refund. A shame as the video quality is so good.

I did the shim and also powered it directly into the camera - problems still occurred.

I've been using a Class 6 card for a few days with no problems (so far). The card has filled up and beginning to rewrite over existing files, still with no problems. I pray this solves the issue.

I'm using a Samsung class 6.
I'm guessing the auto clip locking is down to the G sensor , so I have now set it to CLOSE, (assuming that means off).

I've just done the shim mod as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back