Mini 0803 doesn't overlay GPS / Velocity like 0801?

krawler

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
iTronics ITB-100HD, DVR-207, GS6000, Mini 0801, Mini 0803
Hi

I bought an 0803 because I'm pretty happy with my 0801 but wanted the better picture at night.

While the night time picture quality is improved, now I've lost the ability to have the GPS / velocity overlay. Is this really missing, or have I buggered something up in the settings?

Its missing.. My 0803s dont even record the speed to GPS.log

Goddammit, how did I miss that when I was doing my research?

For sale: 1 x Mini 0803. Used once :(

Do you mean on the camera screen or when using Registrator Viewer etc.?

Frank

Do you mean on the camera screen or when using Registrator Viewer etc.?

Frank

The overlay on the actual video. Just like the 0801 and... pretty much every other dashcam out there with GPS :-\

It's a firmware setting, they could add that functionality but there may be a technical reason why it's not there at the moment, they are still working on the firmware and bug fixing still

Really ?? :eek: My 0803 from Foxoffer records speed and GPS coordinates into GPS directory.
And then I use Registrator Viewer to create subtitles.

Really ?? :eek: My 0803 from Foxoffer records speed and GPS coordinates into GPS directory.
And then I use Registrator Viewer to create subtitles.
Registrator Viewer doesn't use the GPS directory, it uses the copy stored in the video files.

Does the Velocity Units setting actually do anything? I assumed it was for setting how the overlay is displayed, but then I read:
Velocity Unit (Applicable only with GPS mounting bracket fitted and GPS switched ‘on
Options are: Speed in Km/h (default), or M/h.
Note: This is not burnt into the recording and can only be seen via GPS player software.

Registrator Viewer has it's own setting as I would expect everything else to. I imagine the data is always stored in standard units, not MPH...

Registrator Viewer doesn't use the GPS directory, it uses the copy stored in the video files.
Oops sorry, I've learned something today :D

Oops sorry, I've learned something today :D
It means that if you archive your video files, the gps data gets achived too, no need to bother with the gps folder and making sure that you have the gps files that match the video.

I'd test that to confirm, it's generally embedded in the file, or separate data files, having it in both would be unusual

Forgot about this thread....
Goddammit, how did I miss that when I was doing my research?

For sale: 1 x Mini 0803. Used once :(

Latest procam Firmware has a Setting to embed a Speed stamp

I'd test that to confirm, it's generally embedded in the file, or separate data files, having it in both would be unusual

The 0803 does appear to embed the GPS information... I copied one of the .MOV files to my PC (just using Explorer, and to an empty directory) and opened it in Registrator and the GPS information is all available.

The 0803 does appear to embed the GPS information... I copied one of the .MOV files to my PC (just using Explorer, and to an empty directory) and opened it in Registrator and the GPS information is all available.

unusual, the developer does some things on this model in very strange ways so I guess I shouldn't be surprised though

I have installed the firmware for iTracker branded 20140804 from Tobi@s his page on my E-Prance 0803
Speedstamp is above the day and time and working :D, and the sound on/off is also working fine :)

I have installed the firmware for iTracker branded 20140804 from Tobi@s his page on my E-Prance 0803
Speedstamp is above the day and time and working :D, and the sound on/off is also working fine :)

Link, please.

check out my signature :)

check out my signature :)
I'm running 20140812 GPS + 2CARDS from your sig link and It does not display in my videos. Even though it says
GPS speed stamp.
Shows up in Registrator Viewer. I've looked few a few times and only see Date/Time and Driver ID has a setting to put on the video.

Back