Mini 0803 odd behaviour

simonfr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before I return another 0803, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the following problem which I think may be down to the device not holding any sort of charge.

The device will not record any footage on the journey to somewhere, but will on the return journey (so after an ignition switch off/on cycle). When no footage is being recorded the screen is black and the LED is a constantly red. Switching the device off then back on boots it up, then clicking OK will start it recording. It's proving unreliable :( It's running the same firmware as an 0803 in our other car (which seems to be ok) ..... so that's a customised iTracker firmware with startup chime and splash screen removed.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

Simon

Before I return another 0803, I was wondering if anyone else had experienced the following problem which I think may be down to the device not holding any sort of charge.

The device will not record any footage on the journey to somewhere, but will on the return journey (so after an ignition switch off/on cycle). When no footage is being recorded the screen is black and the LED is a constantly red. Switching the device off then back on boots it up, then clicking OK will start it recording. It's proving unreliable :( It's running the same firmware as an 0803 in our other car (which seems to be ok) ..... so that's a customised iTracker firmware with startup chime and splash screen removed.

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

Simon
Yes Simon. That seems to be a common problem with a batch of the 0803's . I have two of them and my earlier purchased unit has no problems at all however my recently purchased camera does the same thing as yours. It appears to be a firmware problem running on that version of camera. I am running the FW20140812 V1.0 level of firmware right now but I may go back to an earlier version to see if it clears it up.

Thanks for the reply. I need to be able to use the later firmwares so this is no good to me and have initiated a return. Disappointed that it also shipped with the old style base. I bought a single new style base/mount from Amazon and the 0803 fits much more securely in it (bought the mount for my third, weekend, car). Not sure why complete units are still being sold with the old mount ..., unless of course it's older stock.

Now considering holding out for the 0806, but not sure of timescales for it.

I bought a single new style base/mount from Amazon
Can you provide a link? I know you are in the UK, but I could not find anyone on Amazon US selling one, maybe if I had a seller name to look for or something. I keep finding only the older style

Back