Mini 0805/0806 vs Mobius

N-A-V

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just finished reading the thread comparing the 0806 vs the Mobius (I am looking at the wide lens though). TY very much for the comparison as I am currently trying to decide which to go with, the Mini 0805 or 0806 vs the Mobius. Just can't seem to decide. I know Rich has the standard lens on Mobius, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is what I am looking for if you can provide some feedback as this will be my first dash cam. This will be installed in a '13 Chevy Silverado, preferably hidden behind the rear view mirror as much as possible. I do have a "visor strip" (4" from top) of 35% tint across the windshield which will help hide the DC.

I would like the DC to be as small and compact as possible. Very discrete. Driving is mixed daytime and nighttime, so if one does both overall better than the other, that Can help decide.

I plan on hardwiring it. This leads me toward the Mobius with the capacitor instead of the battery. Not so much worried about while parked, but it would be a bonus I guess.

Not having GPS is no big deal. Probably wouldn't even use the GPS if I went with the Mini.

I have considered eventually getting a second DC for the rear, and would probably prefer to have the same model for both. BUT I really don't want to spend a ton of money on a 2ch set up. Not sure if one of them would be easier to mount on the vertical rear window. We have almost 13 year old boys who ride in the back seat, so the more compact the better so it doesn't possibly get knocked around by accident.

Having a lcd display is not a must have. Most of them that do I eliminated due to size. I am aware that the Mini would be easier to aim due to the display.

I think I covered most of the things. Will either of these models interfere with the compass or anything else in the truck? No factory nav, but we do have a Garmin. I live in Mid-Mi, so climate is anywhere from -20* (or colder) to 100*+ (F).

And if you could post where the best place to buy a genuine Mini or Mobius would be a bonus. Just want to make sure I don't get a knock off!!!

I have read a ton, and just need a little guidance trying to find a reliable DC.

TY!!!

Last edited:
mobius len C with capacitor will be better with your demand :)
PS: and cheaper too :)

TY for the welcome, and TY for the suggestions on the Mobius!

Regarding the price, I have found the Mini anywhere from about $65 for the 0805 to $110 for the 0806, actually on Gearbest's site! The Mobius looks like it will be about $100 once I add a couple items to it. So pricewise here in the U.S. Is about the same depending on exactly which one you are looking at, and what you may add to it. That is the base camera with the capacitor, the helmet mount, a long cable (3m), and I figured while ordering I may as well order a battery for the camera so if I decide to use it elsewhere I can. Though I do have a rechargeable battery "stick" for the cell phone I could probably use.

The link Gabacho posted for authorized sellers of the Mobius, one site I found is not listed, but it looks like it is a genuine model. It is www.Mobius-actioncam.com, any knowledge of this website? I ask because they have a "shielded" model to help prevent any interference of a gps, or similar.

TY again for the help!!!!

"Regarding the price, I have found the Mini anywhere from about $65 for the 0805 to $110 for the 0806, actually on Gearbest's site!"

Hi there we have a coupon for Mini 0806, code is GB0806; price is $84.99.:)

TY for the welcome, and TY for the suggestions on the Mobius!

Regarding the price, I have found the Mini anywhere from about $65 for the 0805 to $110 for the 0806, actually on Gearbest's site! The Mobius looks like it will be about $100 once I add a couple items to it. So pricewise here in the U.S. Is about the same depending on exactly which one you are looking at, and what you may add to it. That is the base camera with the capacitor, the helmet mount, a long cable (3m), and I figured while ordering I may as well order a battery for the camera so if I decide to use it elsewhere I can. Though I do have a rechargeable battery "stick" for the cell phone I could probably use.

The link Gabacho posted for authorized sellers of the Mobius, one site I found is not listed, but it looks like it is a genuine model. It is www.Mobius-actioncam.com, any knowledge of this website? I ask because they have a "shielded" model to help prevent any interference of a gps, or similar.

TY again for the help!!!!
I purchased mine from http://www.buymobius.com and received outstanding service. It is an authorized Mobius seller.

TY for the info!!

Still trying to decide what to go with!

Mini has a bit of a performance edge I guess, the Möbius though has a big edge when it comes to stability and reliability

... I am currently trying to decide which to go with, the Mini 0805 or 0806 vs the Mobius ... I would like the DC to be as small and compact as possible. Very discrete. Driving is mixed daytime and nighttime, so if one does both overall better than the other, that Can help decide.

I have Mobius (x2) & Mini 0805. My oldest Mobius is 2 years 7 months old & the other 2 years old. I've had the Mini 0805 for 4 months.

I check the recorded video clips on a weekly basis. Never had a problem with either Mobius. No file corruption, no missing files, no problems, absolutely trustworthy.

With the 0805 I had an incidence of at least 10 missing consecutive 3 minutes clips. There was no gap in the file numbering sequence, but one clip showed the car joining a motorway, & the next clip showed a country lane, so the entire motorway journey had not been recorded. Since then I've formatted the 0805's card once a week, & I haven't had any further problems.

As for video quality I think they're similar. Too close for it to be a decisive factor in deciding which to buy.

If I had to choose between Mobius & Mini 0805, I would choose Mobius. For me it's an easy decision. Reliability, trustworthiness, dependability are vital characteristics of a good dashcam, & Mobius delivers.

TY to all!

I did come across another dash cam that intrigues me, the Ddpai as I posted in my other thread. If I can find some info regarding positive reliability on that model, it will be between the Mobius and the Ddpai. Otherwise it sounds like for long term reliability the Mobius is the best value for me.

TY again!!!

Image quality of Ddpai is worse than mobius alot.

Image quality of Ddpai is worse than mobius alot.

TY!!!

Sounds like the Ddpai is out....

Some reason still considering the Mini....

TY again!

TY!!!

Sounds like the Ddpai is out....

Some reason still considering the Mini....

TY again!
if so, I suggest you consider mini 0805. :)
But I still think: Mobius is the best under 100$

if so, I suggest you consider mini 0805. :)
But I still think: Mobius is the best under 100$

Why the 0805?

TY for the Mobius recommendation!!!

As a crazy side step, what about the Garmin 30 or 35? The design of the mount look like it keeps them somewhat compact for its actual size. Any thoughts, though I know the Garmin if well above the ~$100 or so of the Mobius or 0806.

TY!

I have the DDPai mini... Only managed to upload this video at the moment...

Jeremy,

TY for posting the video!!! How do you like the DDpai so far? When time allows if you can post a daytime video and possible a night video when it is even darker out that would be awesome!

Does it have a base that sticks to the windshield like the Mini 080X series, then the camera slides into the base?

TY again!

The DDPai is bigger than the mini0902 but works flawlessly than the mini0902...
20160507_142045.jpg

The mount is permanent on the DDPai Mini... See the attached picture.
post-3488-1462635629.jpg

I'll upload the day and night video later today if can...

Night
highway
Daylight
The quality seems Ok. Night image is better than 0805 but day image is worse than 0805.
Don't know how reliable it is.
@Jeremy Wong how long have you used it ? How does it work ?

Your time stamp is at the center... Mine is on the left... I got the mini last Friday... The ddpai app works better than the 0902's 2 apps... It doesn't hangs and there is no frameskip/lag when watching the live feed...

Back