mini 0806 feedback

strnik

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
summary: not reliable, medium video quality. not recommended

after more than 1 year of using mini 0806, my opinion - spend more and get better quality dashcam if you ever drive in warm conditions or in dark
- in summer started overheating and shutting off randomly (+30C)
- seems that battery is dying out and sometimes it is restarting
- most important :
- even in a good daylight, it is rare to get sharp picture. number plates can be read only if other car is very close and speed difference less than ~10 mph
- in the evening chances of getting clear picture are close to zero. tailights are blurred, number plates are blurred

basically, if you want a dashcam able to show type of other car and may be its number plates or even if you want to be confident that last video is always there, get something else.
I needed to check on video 3 times, once it got corrupted file (probably due to overheating and restart), twice i was not able to distinguish neither number plates or model/color of the car dangerously overtaking/cutting off.
almost useless ...

upd, aug '16 : still looking for better replacement cam.
changed battery to 'Danelo Power Battery for Fiio E3, E5, E6' PL402030 on ebay.uk. instructions on this forum are very helpful. it is cameron sino branded battery, so hopefully will work for some time.
also used this opportunity to tweak lens focus a bit. hdmi output to FHD LCD display did not work until i changed video resolution on camera to 1920x1080.
if cam keeps working, will move to back when replacement comes.

Last edited:
you say get something else - you have something in mind?

no, have not decided on worthy replacement, still looking .. i think it should ideally be something with capacitor, recently released sensor for low light image quality. SG9665GC, F770, A119?
also looking for new battery for my mini 0806, to see if that helps

Last edited:
I keep hearing about the DDPAI M6+. Good so far it seems.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I have to agree on some points. The Mini 0806 has been too buggy over the last year and a half, that I would steer clear of the brand next time round :(

Back