Mini 0906 custom test firmware

Thr flashing process takes about a minute. Dont reset it during this time

Slow flashing blue led: Erasing of NOR memory

Fast flashing blue led: Writing update to NOR memory

Thr flashing process takes about a minute. Dont reset it during this time

Slow flashing blue led: Erasing of NOR memory

Fast flashing blue led: Writing update to NOR memory
On the first try I got the slow flashing, about the right length, but never saw the fast flashing, fairly sure I gave it long enough, removing the power didn't help.

Seems to run about 2C warmer with the faster bitrate, front camera only.
Shut off automatically at 83C while still perfectly in focus (except for my OOF issue on the left) and turned itself back on at 67C.

Now I just want less of the sharpening that is spoiling the image detail.

I have just been on a long drive with outside temperatures of 26 and really humid so i had to open my 2 windows as my cheap car don't have aircon.

Anyway i have been driving around for 1 hour and not experienced any shutdowns, i cant tell what the temps might have been as i cant read the little temp gauge in the LCD without looking really close, and that's hard to do now that my camera have moved to the passenger side of the RVM.

When i got home and taking the 0906 off the windscreen it was far from the hottest camera i ever lifted from here, actually its temperature felt pretty modest compared to X camera or morbius 2 that can be almighty hot.

Im about to look at footage and upload some of it.

Okay i am uploading a little stationary clip now, seem like i managed to shift the lens a little too far to the left, resulting in OOF moving from the right to the left side of the image.
Also when i rectify this i think i also have to take a look at the general focus, i think i am a tiny bit off at the moment.

Will have the youtube link when their servers are done chewing on the footage.
As you can see left side are now a little OOF, not as bad as the right side was yesterday, so i am confident i will be able to nail this.

O BTW ! not having standard footage to compare to 1:1 it do look and feel like this 20 mbit are much better in regard to IQ, i do hope the 0906 will be able to sustain this thru-out the Danish summer if and when it arrive up here.

I will have some footage up of "high" speed regular driving too.

O in regard to flashing i have a slow blue flash at first, then a fast one for a while, then the camera reboot and start to record all on its own.

Thats how it have been here both with stock and modified firmwares.

O in regard to flashing i have a slow blue flash at first, then a fast one for a while, then the camera reboot and start to record all on its own.

Thats how it have been here both with stock and modified firmwares.
Exactly, first step is erasing NOR memory (slow flashing led) and second step is writing the new data to memory (fast flashing blue led)

BTW i have now left out the 2 little plastic pieces at the IO ports on either side, this should aid in cooling, but not a look that will sell dashcams for MEG.
BUT for a enthusiast dashcammer this might be what it takes for him to get his 0906 to play a ballgame better suiting the owner. ;)

I am going for a drive again after tweaking on camera, will try to see if i can aim another camera at the 0906 LCD to record temperatures displayed.

The camera on LCD video, i don't get higher than 70 degrees at the end on what is after all a almost 1 hour drive in daylight and temperatures of 20 degrees outside.
No aircon in my car just "cold air" from blower ( not on windscreen ) and then a open driver side window.

10X speed up

A bit of air movement over the camera makes a big difference to the displayed temperature when it is sitting in the sun.

The higher bitrate is a huge improvement at times. The disadvantage is that my 64GB card is now only 3.5 hours long with 2x 21Mb/s video streams - going to need a 256GB card to match the record time of a standard Mini 0806, however I think it is about the right value, I can still see a little compression at times so don't want it reduced by much.

Yes.

its things like this that make H.265 sound so good in my ears.

Yes.

Except that if you ever need to present raw original footage to law enforcement, insurance companies, lawyers, courts, etc. they will not likely be able to play H.265 compressed video on their older computers and software and probably wouldn't even know what the term H.265 means. H.265 won't be practical for dash cam use until it becomes ubiquitous.

Yes you have said that before, but if they have playback problems it cant be my problem.
If need be i can convert it for them 1:1 and then submit both the raw unaltered file and the converted file.

And i think most Danish gooberment agencies have state of the art hardware, probably from the fruit company as it seem their ecosystem will be the hardest and most expensive to use, and that's how things work here mostly.

Yes.

Except for all the extra heat created by all the extra processing.

Yes you have said that before, but if they have playback problems it cant be my problem.
If need be i can convert it for them 1:1 and then submit both the raw unaltered file and the converted file.

And i think most Danish gooberment agencies have state of the art hardware, probably from the fruit company as it seem their ecosystem will be the hardest and most expensive to use, and that's how things work here mostly.

It doesn't work that way. If you don't want to get your case dismissed or insurance claim denied then you need to make it as absolutely simple and foolproof as possible for the average bureaucrat, police officer or insurance adjuster to view your files as well as hand them off to someone else. And don't think they are going to want to deal with converted files and raw files or your personal assumptions about what hardware or software or skills they have at their disposal.

I've been there several times over and speak from personal experience.

I am sure a case or claim will not get dismissed here if it was hinging on being able to play video evidence or not, in that case the other part would just have to take my "word" backed up by video they might not be able to handle as is, or whey would have to outsource the footage to a trusted place that would be able to convert it so they will be able to view it and then argue against it if they can.

While we Danes and you Americans do have a sort of similar setup, then it still seem like things are not quite the same or working the same way.
Off course i can not go into specifics as i don't have a profound understanding or exposure to either system, but i would be very disappointed if my case got dismissed for reasons like not being able to play what is after all a fairly standard format.

Last edited:
Upload it to YouTube, everyone can view YoutTube!

Hang on, YouTube doesn't accept H265 :oops:

The courts here seem to be able to deal with video, we don't even bother bringing the prisoners to court these days, they stay safe in prison and join the court via video link!

I am sure a case or claim will not get dismissed here if it was hinging on being able to play video evidence or not, in that case the other part would just have to take my "word" as is, or whey would have to outsource the footage to a trusted place that would be able to convert it so they will be able to view it and then argue against it if they can.

While we Danes and you Americans do have a sort of similar setup, then it still seem like things are not quite the same or working the same way.
Off course i can not go into specifics as i don't have a profound understanding or exposure to either system, but i would be very disappointed if my case got dismissed for reasons like not being able to play what is after all a fairly standard format.

Well, all I can say is that is that the reason I first became interested in dash cam was because I have been the victim of harassment from someone I once did business with who broke a contract and decided to spend years afterwards using his vehicle against me like a weapon after I hired an attorney. Like many here on DCT your concepts of what will happen if you really need to use dash cam footage in a legal matter are entirely theoretical and imaginary. I have been in the trenches with this. And it makes no difference which country you live in either. I mean no offense but I think you are being naive. Then again if you want to use a an esoteric file type that most people don't use yet rather than a file type literally anyone can open that's your business.

Last edited:
Upload it to YouTube, everyone can view YoutTube!

Hang on, YouTube doesn't accept H265 :oops:

The courts here seem to be able to deal with video, we don't even bother bringing the prisoners to court these days, they stay safe in prison and join the court via video link!

YouTube will not get you too far in a courtroom full of savvy lawyers. Again, I respectfully submit that like most people here on DCT you have no personal experience in a legal/criminal matter using dash cam footage in a real world situation. It is all arm chair theorizing.

Yes i have not been there ( thank god ) so i will just have to base my expectations on how things would proceed by what i read and hear.

And i can not dispute my tendencies to be naive, that's a life long issue i have been working with for a long time, but at least with some success if i have to say so myself.

I think every one have a expectation how things work where they are, this expectation can then be founded is some knowledge or just outright pipe dreams.
And my expectations to things here have also been broken often, and on this basic level at least to me that's a very painful experience.

Back