MINI 2 Freezing

safedrivesolutions

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A229 Pro+A139 pro, Vueroid D21 4K, Thinkware U3000,
We have had 3 units within a very short time frame freeze on customers. Freeze multiple times as well.

Has anyone else seen these same challenges?

We have communicated to @VIOFO-Support with details involved and serial numbers.

Most of the serial numbers are close. But some are not.

We take these types of challenges very seriously as Customer Experience is #1 to us.

Challenges
-Unit Freezing
-Skipping a few hours of video where it is just not recording at all
-All units on newest most current firmware

Attachments

• IMG_4476.jpg
    IMG_4476.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 8
Did this happen while parking or while driving?
What was the temperature inside the car?
We are not even warm in this climate yet. between 10 and 15 degrees celcius
it may possibly be parking mode but we can not duplicate on bench the freezing. But we have duplicated the missing video files.

We are not even warm in this climate yet. between 10 and 15 degrees celcius
it may possibly be parking mode but we can not duplicate on bench the freezing. But we have duplicated the missing video files.
People have had problems not exiting parking mode when using: Auto Event Detection

There were no problems when using the parking mode: Low Bitrate Recording.

People have had problems not exiting parking mode when using: Auto Event Detection

There were no problems when using the parking mode: Low Bitrate Recording.
We only use low bitrate recording. We are aware of Auto Event Detection challenges.

It is impossible to determine from the video recordings at what moment the freeze occurred?
Perhaps when starting/stopping the engine at a traffic light or in another place.... :unsure:

It is impossible to determine from the video recordings at what moment the freeze occurred?
Perhaps when starting/stopping the engine at a traffic light or in another place.... :unsure:
we may have to install these into vehicles because it could be related to voltage fluctuation or something along those lines that we can not see on the bench. We upgraded our customers that had us install their products to A229 Plus and no reported issues with A229 Plus.

I've had that happen with previous models, but I've chalked it up to using third party cig. lighter adapters and cables. Since then I've only used the Viofo power cables and I haven't seen it since. *knock on wood* Were you using all Viofo power cables?

I've had that happen with previous models, but I've chalked it up to using third party cig. lighter adapters and cables. Since then I've only used the Viofo power cables and I haven't seen it since. *knock on wood* Were you using all Viofo power cables?
Viofo HK4 cables are used. We also exclusively use Viofo SD cards.

We have had 3 units within a very short time frame freeze on customers. Freeze multiple times as well.

Has anyone else seen these same challenges?

We have communicated to @VIOFO-Support with details involved and serial numbers.

Most of the serial numbers are close. But some are not.

We take these types of challenges very seriously as Customer Experience is #1 to us.

Challenges
-Unit Freezing
-Skipping a few hours of video where it is just not recording at all
-All units on newest most current firmware

We will investigate the issue as soon as possible. Please also help check the card to confirm when the camera stopped recording, parking mode, or driving mode, and then we can try to replicate the issue.

We will investigate the issue as soon as possible. Please also help check the card to confirm when the camera stopped recording, parking mode, or driving mode, and then we can try to replicate the issue.
@Ted@SafeDriveSolutions
If you could add some more information would be great

@safedrivesolutions
Sorry for the frozen joke, but you started it with Demolition. lol
Regarding our telephone conversation.
Here are the serial numbers, and delivery dates for my original “1st batch” and “Upgraded Lens” A119 Mini 2.
May 2023 1st Batch = A119MS23 150002
Dec 2023 Upgraded Lens = A119MS23 450115
The December 2023 unit does not have the freezing issues you describe, but sometimes it acts “wonky” compared to the May 2023 unit that has been rock solid.
Can you check if my December 2023 unit is the “same batch” as the 3 “frozen” units you have removed from service.

Attachments

• 3 .jpg
    3 .jpg
    526 KB · Views: 8
  • 2 .jpg
    2 .jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1 .jpg
    1 .jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 7
@safedrivesolutions
Sorry for the frozen joke, but you started it with Demolition. lol
Regarding our telephone conversation.
Here are the serial numbers, and delivery dates for my original “1st batch” and “Upgraded Lens” A119 Mini 2.
May 2023 1st Batch = A119MS23 150002
Dec 2023 Upgraded Lens = A119MS23 450115
The December 2023 unit does not have the freezing issues you describe, but sometimes it acts “wonky” compared to the May 2023 unit that has been rock solid.
Can you check if my December 2023 unit is the “same batch” as the 3 “frozen” units you have removed from service.
A119MS23 serial# 280881
A119MS23 serial# 513588

Do you think that all those 3 units have some similar settings? I hope they are not using Motion Detection.
When trying to solve such problems the best is to do a camera reset, adjust only the Time zone and format the card.
The best is for just few days the customer to not use parkin mode trying to isolate the problem. If no problem detected during these 2-3 days then you can continue by adding some setting desired by the customers and finally de parking mode.

This is also good to be recommended when the problem occured.

we may have to install these into vehicles because it could be related to voltage fluctuation or something along those lines that we can not see on the bench.
What lines? On the screen?

Last edited:
Does this mean my "Upgraded" unit from December 2023 is affected?
Serial# 450115
not sure. All i know is i can not duplicate it on my bench. 1 customer had it happen multiple times to the point customer had to take off mount and reput on miount everytime they got into car. They now have an A229 Plus that is working fine

not sure. All i know is i can not duplicate it on my bench. 1 customer had it happen multiple times to the point customer had to take off mount and reput on miount everytime they got into car. They now have an A229 Plus that is working fine
If I can't duplicate the issue, and you can't duplicate the issue it makes me suspect the customer's vehicle.
Would that be fair to assume?
But I guess it could also be firmware related depending on how the customer configured all the settings too.

If I can't duplicate the issue, and you can't duplicate the issue it makes me suspect the customer's vehicle.
Would that be fair to assume?
But I guess it could also be firmware related depending on how the customer configured all the settings too.
We configured all vehicles, we installed all dash cameras.

I have a suggestion for you. You said the problem is with 3 units. If at least one unit is still installed to the car, power the camera in that car using the camera port and not the GPS mount.
If you cant do this, install the problematic camera with its original GPS mount in your car and keep it for some tests with power from the camera and power from the mount.
Use the same settings like the ones which created the problems.
Waiting for feedback! :cool:

Back