Mini 2 vs A229 Plus and Pro

Gib

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is awesome! I am currently using a Mini 2 for my rear camera and was going to purchase another for the front - especially now that the heat issues has been resolved. But now there are all the positive reviews of the new A229s! So many good options!

I know the final jury is still out but I am thinking of going with the Plus 1 ch versus the Mini 2. Seems there is better heat dispersion/mgt and we all know the enemy is heat. :)

Any thoughts? recommendations?

Thanks!

This is awesome! I am currently using a Mini 2 for my rear camera and was going to purchase another for the front - especially now that the heat issues has been resolved. But now there are all the positive reviews of the new A229s! So many good options!

I know the final jury is still out but I am thinking of going with the Plus 1 ch versus the Mini 2. Seems there is better heat dispersion/mgt and we all know the enemy is heat. :)

Any thoughts? recommendations?

Thanks!
The boys are still in the process of mega-testing the cameras so I'd hold off for a few weeks until their impressions and thoughts are eked out. Some of them have pre production units so good to see that these issues are fleshed out and resolved before making a buyer's decision

I am stuck with a similar dilemma. I want to get my first dashcam, probably just a basic 1 channel front camera setup, however I can't see any particular way to decide between the A119 Mini 2, A229 Plus and A229 Pro, assuming they are all pretty much the same for this purpose I think reliability/stability might be the deciding factor but I can't seem to find any comparisons between them.

I guess size/dimensions of the dashcam are also a consideration if you want it to be discreet, however I cannot find the dimensions on the Viofo website, and the ones listed on Amazon don't seem to make the A119 Mini 2 seem much smaller than the A229 Plus / Pro

I guess size/dimensions of the dashcam are also a consideration if you want it to be discreet, however I cannot find the dimensions on the Viofo website, and the ones listed on Amazon don't seem to make the A119 Mini 2 seem much smaller than the A229 Plus / Pro

Here you can see the A229 Pro and Mini 2 standing next to each other.
Mini 2 has: Sony STARVIS 2 IMX675 5MP.
A229 Pro has: Sony STARVIS 2 IMX678 8MP, and also has the ability to connect one or two additional cameras.

Last edited:
Thanks, it seems like the A119 Mini 2 probably fulfils my needs, assuming I have not missed any obvious flaws.

Thanks, it seems like the A119 Mini 2 probably fulfils my needs, assuming I have not missed any obvious flaws.
If you need a single-camera model and do not need 4K, then Mini 2 is the most optimal model from Viofo.

Back