Mini 803 - Auto Power Off turns off after a few seconds

spot321

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have set my Auto Power off to 5 minutes but when the power is cut off when the engine is turned off, the camera turns off after about 10 seconds....any ideas as to what's wrong.

I don't think it's the battery as I can turn it on unplugged and it will stay on about 5 minutes before the battery runs out

I have set my Auto Power off to 5 minutes but when the power is cut off when the engine is turned off, the camera turns off after about 10 seconds....any ideas as to what's wrong.

I don't think it's the battery as I can turn it on unplugged and it will stay on about 5 minutes before the battery runs out

auto power off is for when the camera is in standby and not recording, not related to how long it will record for after power off

A bug with the software I think. Mine is set for a minute and also turns off after about 10 seconds.

However if you unplug it, and turn it on, the battery will last a good 20 minutes or longer. So, I know it's not the battery, it's the software that's causing it to turn off.

Personally, I think 10 seconds is plenty, I don't see a need to keep it on longer. If you want to record other movements in order to protect your vehicle when it is parked, then you should hardwire it to always be on and set it to motion detect

As Jokiin has said this is normal behaviour. The camera is supposed to power off automatically after approx 10 seconds unless you powered it on via the power button at which point the configured power off setting comes in toplay.

It would be a nice feature to have this as an option (i.e. the ability to set how long the camera keeps recording after the engine is turned off)

I was just wondering this option myself the menu option is a little misleading, guess I am not the only one who thought that is what that option is for. This would be great to have like when your at the gas station or short stops. If this cant be done on the 803 with a firmware upgrade this would be great to have on future models.

not really the best choice with this model
This my 0803 got a bit warm (126 dF) even with it being rather cool and in the shade with the windows down.
If you left it in the sun recording with the windows up for more then 30-45 mins it might stop working. My G90 with the slightly lower A7 did.

Back